Sign in to follow this  
Hardliner

The hind

The Hind ain't too bad at extemely low hieght. I did test it out on desert island and the missiles actually work while just above the ground. Maybe the missiles are like this in real world? Maybe there is no bug that needs to be fixed maybe just needs practice and a good pilot. The M1s I targeted didn't need many rockets to destroy them either or so it seemed. While yes I did this on desert island the other islands I know are not as flat but maybe just requires practice and positioning the Hind right. Maybe when I get a system together that will not make the game so slow and jerky I would be a true tank killer smile.gif it does not help when screen is jerky all the time. Puts aiming off.

on mp it resisted my sabot shell and that pissed me off

by the time i reloaded the hind killed me

Yes i shot a sabot at a stationnary hind that was at low altitude

I feel like a fool. Missiles work at long range I am always too close. No wonder the missiles never hit. I know how it works now. Anyway getting nice and close to an Abrams and seeing and hearing it explode as a result of the rockets is just too good to pass up smile.gif

I like the hind too,

However I would prefer something that is smaller and perhaps is unable to carry troops (like the Commanche)

Many people don't realize that you must manually aim the chopper towards the target or the AT6 probably won't hit. They have a small amouunt of manual guidance, so if target is in center of the HUD, you'll hit.

If only the armour values of the hind weren't so screwed up in OFP (did they stick rotors on a T80?).

i hit a hind with a LAW and it turned upside down and crashed into the ground biggrin.gif usually it just swerves and comes back to kill me. i usually just use the rockets when i use it.

I find ramming hinds mid-air even with small choppers to be quite effective in taking out hinds biggrin.gif

Anybody here try the "Kamakazie-Cessna" techneic? biggrin.gif

No. Though I do remember a mission where I flew the A-10 and ran out of ammo. There was only one T-80 remaining so I gained altitude, aimed the plane at it, and pressed the TURBO button. I lined up and lined up and when I thought I was at the threshold I just ejected.

What do you know, I parachuted safely on to the ground and my well aimed A-10 ran into the fucker and wrecked him.

It was great.

i've had something like that happen before

was in kologujev (still can't spell/pronounce that damn thing) in that base with the forest on 3 sides of it, a shilka was at the gate shot me down and i flew right into it. unfortunately i landed right in front of a guy with a m2. he wasn't very friendly

Yeah I knew I had to aim directly at the target. I always did that just at too close a range. I can use all the weapons on a Hind now. I like the Mi17 also and now I am not sure which I like the best altho the Mi17 can shower the target zone with death biggrin.gif, they are both great. However everytime I use the rockets my computer gets pretty jerky and it puts aiming off. In a few weeks I should have a pretty good system so I can use 4 or more choppers smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I find ramming hinds mid-air even with small choppers to be quite effective in taking out hinds <span id='postcolor'>

In some missions I have set up I did put more than 2 choppers on desert island it was a bit jerky but it was ok. I had 4 choppers 3 Mi17s and a Hind. while attacking the Abrams the choppers flew into each other and slowly glided down to the ground and landed hard, a few seconds later that wonderful BANG rang out over the island. Choppers are well known on my maps for coliding. Even in single player, I seen cobras hitting the church tower in Morton more than once.