Sign in to follow this  

This game is dead

AntiChrist, he PMed me with something similar too.

geeze...someone needs to mentally grow up. tounge.gif

just becuase he doesn't get what he wants, he cries. well, move on to that better game that you compare with!

Grasshopper, look at antichrist's and mine forum rank.. under the avatar... and as you look... think...

Guys, as much as I agree that grasshopperbe's statements were stupid, you may as well stop bashing him, he's been banned, and can't respond.

i've been playing a dead game every single day for hours at a a time and nobody told me? damnit!

LOL

OFP is far from dead. The new era of addons has emerged (Oxygen addons).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (grasshopperbe @ May 01 2002,00:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The makers of this game are just a bunch of paranoid lamers, who think their apps are so good everyone is going to steal them. Come on the graphics are completely outdated by now

and multiplayer is as good as dead.<span id='postcolor'>

what do you mean graphics are outdated the minrequirments are aroun 700 mhz 128meg ram 32meg 3d card to get statsaftory performance half lifes graphics are way outdated y do people want q3 level graphics in ofp i mean we dont all have super computers running at 4000mhz jez. Im having to buy gf4 so ican run resistance better.

me

850mhz duron 392ram 32meg tnt2 ultra(shes been good to me) 256k up/down internet.

Well now, I shall bid my goodbye to our poor dead friend!

So Long!

Farewell!

I'll see you down in he- NO! NOOOOO! DON'T DO IT, MISTER MODERATOR! AHHHH- *BLAM*

Crap...I better run out and tell all the people on our server this or they might keep playing...thanks for the heads up smile.gif

I would've never believed it!!!

He actually crawled somewhere and died tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would've never believed it!!!

He actually crawled somewhere and died <span id='postcolor'>

Gwhahahaha!

Serves him right. I thought this forum was for people that liked OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CoolCarlos2004 @ April 29 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please lock this topic and let it die like grasshopper

Thank you smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well i thought about locking this topic but then when i seen the responses to " this game is dead" i thought i would just leave it open to let people see that the generall feeling on the forum is that the game is far from dead. and i think the subsequent messages show that

I do agree that the game is dead, and I'm HOPING to God that something will happen SOON, that will make it much more exciting, for the people who play the game, and find it the same crap, over and over.

Although I do HOPE that it gets better, I doubt it actually will... I just can't wait for official addons.

i still don't see how it can be dead

people are releasing new addons every day

people are releasing new missions every day

people are spamming this board every day

you're still here confused.gif

well they did off vader, the emperor, and those guys in the y-wings

OFP in general is not dead, just the MP part is (half-dead) as you can see on All Seeing Eye or Gamespy arcade, although  there are quite a few ded. servers out there, most of them are empty like ghost city.

For the addons; yes there are plenty of them, but just very few of good quality that would be comparable to addons from other games, not so much fault of the addon authors but more that of gameengine restrictions, missing info, missing tools.

Almost every addon for Flashpoint consists out of a series of compromises until now, starting at the muzzle flash bug over to "morphing" of units at some distance, repainted models to mimic completely different vehicles etc...it´s quite messy and generally is more serious than in any other game i can think of.

But there are! really really good missions and campaigns out there for OFP, in fact no game i know of has such good user made missions and campaigns, that´s mostly because of good documentation of the missions editor and scripting commands, editing sites that provide tutorials etc.

However even i will have to admit that i possibly won´t be playing OFP very often once a Raven Shield or SWAT 4 arrives, there are alot of promising games coming up.

I had this conversation with someone earlier today, It's not the graphics or game play (which are great) but the sheer diversity of new units and craft of so many types and nations, that keep mw coming back to flash point.

Is that what you guys feel?

The graphics are improvable, no doubt, so is gameplay, especially concerning "realism"-

However, possibilities of this game for future development is quite huge, but the current state is not that satisfying, especially if you own the game for a year now with some annoying bug leftovers that plagued OFP since it´s release, although a great chunk of them has been already fixed.

My brother called me yesterday, asking if it´s possible to take hostages and command them in OFP, or if there are defecting enemy soldiers.

He asked because he played the mission where you get captured in the campaign, flown with a hind to a soviet base waiting for your execution there...

He entered the BMP standing near to the tent in the gunners pos and gunned everything down at sight, there was a soviet BMP crew soldier standing right next to the BMP, so he couldn´t get him with guns...to his surprise the crew soldier entered the BMP in the drivers position and could be commanded via my brother, so he drove with the soviet guy as driver while he was gunning from the BMP turret, heading to the escape point.

Maybe the force was strong in my brother so he could influence the mind of the enemy soldier, but it rather looks like a bug.

Now i do know of many bugs or issues "that are just not right" in OFP, but this one was new to me biggrin.gif

Regarding Support; for the core game itself it´s exceptional, especially through this forum and ultimate upgrades with free new units-not many developers/publishers doing something similar. Support for modding on the other hand was virtually non existing until BIS started handing out oxygen to selected persons after almost a year.

One thing i see as a major drawback is the missing standartisation and consistence with addons, everything is pretty much patchworked from many different authors and sources, causing incompatibility and confusion online, or gamedisbalance or flaws offline.

Counterstrike for Halflife is successfull because it´s a standard, like all the major addons/ conversions for all games, something like this is missing completely for Flashpoint for now, but hopefully will change with completation of the bigger mod projects, this however will be quite some time, as projects just started receiving Oxygen slowly.