Sign in to follow this  
ronh

Help with the Pathfinder mission...

I'm on the Pathfinder mission and the Cobra's have just completed destroying the tanks and have left the area I and my team are waiting at a designated waypoint outside of the town on the side of a road. All the soviet soldier's it seems have been killed.

The commands do not change though and no one will progress! the map says the final part is to "seize chapoi" but the leader aswell as the other men will not progress.

Any one ever run into this before? I have tried aborting and re-doing the mission from scratch but still get's to the same point!

i saw tis at the other forum, maybe can help u, btw i had no problem in my 1st time trying though:I did it, i found a way to continue the mission !

If someone is still stuck after the cobra leave Chapoi, try this :

follow the road to the east of Chapoi (when you look at the map there is a green spot of friendly territory to the east, you go that way), you will meet a M113 waiting on the road and it seem to be the problem, since he is not moving the mission is stuck !

So, what i did is throw some grenades at him !

I throw a grenade and wait, nothing happen, not even a message telling me to cease fire !

Then i throw a second grenade, then the M113 react, moving just a little, so i wait and it take less than 30 seconds before i received a message saying that we should go seize Chapoi and that we would received support from the east (the M113), then the M113 drive at full speed to Chapoi

All you have to do is run back in formation, for me i didn't have time to get in formation since there was nothing left in town and the mission end as soon as the M113 arrived in Chapoi

Hope it help !

I am having the exact same problem, I have seen the M113 (while scouting around looking for enemy) I even tried to heal at it with no luck. Can't wait to throw some grenades at that laze *$%#*@. Wish me luck!

Tybalt's reply is right on. Was getting real old when the entire town of Chapoi was clear of enemy units, and nothing more would happen. Just follow the main road through Chapoi heading east, till you get to the M113. Two hand grenades will light a fire under that driver! Then head back to Chapoi when he starts moving.

I am unable to get the 113 to react!!! After receiving the 'all the tanks are clear from the cobra's' I have naded the 113 and nothing.. it just wont move for me.

Any ideas?

Well, this will really f*uck up your score but just blow it up! Find yourself a LAW and blow it away. A few seconds later you will receive a message saying you can proceed to the town and stuff.

Well, at least it works!

Ok, I just cleared Chapoi also, and too am stuck, sitting at the trees.  I am so badly wounded, I can't even stand up.

How long did it take you to find the m113,  I'll have to crawl...

If you're crawing it'll take you awhile going along the eastern road from town. When lobbing the grenades at the M113 be sure they actually hit the APC and rock it then the 'nades explode. I guess it's the OFP version of rapping a rock against the window to get someone's attention.

Ugh!  I was having the same problem, so I was thrilled to read this thread.

Unfortunately, I threw a nade at the M113, nothing, threw another, nothing.  Well then I had to run back to town to pick up more nades from some poor, dead commies (thank goodness for 4X speed).  Returned with many more nades, threw several, was told to cease fire, then all of the troops poured out of the M113!  Then the medic starting healing them all.  Well, I availed myself of his services when he was done with his squad.  Then all but 2 took off for town.

Fine, I thought, they are gonna seize Chapoi on foot.  I went with them and they just ran around.  Grrrr...

So i went back to the M113 with nades, finished it off (killing the 2 teamies in the process) STILL NOTHING!

Well, when I went back to town, you guessed it, the troops from the M113 killed me!  Guess they took exception to me wrecking their ride!

In all 'fairness' a T-72 did survive the birds but was apparently out of ammo cuz I all but jumped up and down on the hood trying to get him to engage me (so the AH1 would target him, I hoped) but he wouldn't fire.  The  AH1 musta been out of ammo too, cuz he let him escape after circling over him for about 20 minutes.

SO!  Back at it again, hopefully with better results!

I'm stuck too. The village is cleared, but if I walk east I find a chopper instead of a M113. Firing at the chopper results in a mission failure, so does coming closer to the chopper.

edit :

I found the M113. Was wandering a bit too far smile.gif

(Edited by Asschen at 2:14 pm on Nov. 24, 2001)

Instead of 'crawling' to the M113, I 'restarted' this section from its' last save... this time when I left town and killed the enemy troops and tanks, it ended the mission. Strange.