Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vertical Tqakeoffs Harriers

Vertical Tqakeoffs Harriers

How do I get the AI to use the vertical takeoff from where ever I place them when placing Harriers?

You can't, the harrier is incapable of vertical take-off even for players.
    VBS Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Armored_Sheep View Post
    I like to call Arma a sandbox game that works pretty much like LEGO - you buy it not just because you want to have a nice car from the main picture on its box, do you?

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Why is that the harrier is a vertical take off and landing plane that is what it does? They have never fixed that? Well whatever I can't believe that hasn't been addressed

I really wish I could figure out these mando airport scripts that would fix it

Actually, that's not ture. Fully loaded, the harrier is only capable of STOVL (short take-off, vertical landing). This is accurately modelled in game.

Take off's can be faked but having them fly after that's another problem.

just put a chopper directly over the harrier and name them harrier and chopper

thin in the init of one of the units put chopper hideobject true;harrier attachto[chopper]

attach the waypoint to the chopper and set to careless and limited..

it looks ok and doesn't sound too bad, however as the harrier isn't really flying when you use detach harrier in a waypoint it crashes.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Ok if I use the editor and pop down a home made runway will the planes work? because I remember when I used to play that was a real joke put hours and hours into making some hot shit airport only to find out its not going to function as one ever LOL I think there are ways to do it now but you have to be good at scripting.

I found this addon at armaholic called Mando Airfields and downloaded it unfortunately the example missions for it are from queens gambit which I do not have so I dont think theres anyway for me to view a mission from an island I dont have? its from an island .sara..

Anyways this addon allws you to add in vertical take offs to make your harriers look and work as they should and allows you to set in markers for regular takeoff and ladings to occur anywhere you want as long as the terrain is flat. I dont understand why this isn't a hugely popular addon with all of the capabilities this offers. Unless in my absence there is something better that allows the same thing.

Anyways do any of you have this or have used it?

Well with the code I posted it's really on for looks as it's the chopper doing the flying, I haven't found a way to successfully release the harrier from the chopper without the plane crashing.

I never tried the addon as I've never found the link even after doing a search.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    F2k Sel can I send you the file I am having a hard time finding it again myself.

Maybe you will understand the read mes and such alot better then I do.

Its less than a meg just script files

Never mind I just found it

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1438

it was really called scripted landings and takeoffs by mando the file itself was called mando airports

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=70;t=63939

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=29300.0
    Last edited by Breeze; Jul 11 2010 at 16:47.

I'll take a look Breeze, can you up laod it somewhere such as http://www.sendspace.com/ and give me the link.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    we must have just missed each other lol you got all three links now one fro download and two research links I personally think if these can woork in Arma 2 and OA they are huge for mission makers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast