Sign in to follow this  
doogerie

pathfinder tank problem?

ok so I am playing the pathfinder mission i am at the bit where that tank brakes down I found myself outside the tank so was walking around and got the cpmmand to get back in to the ank all fine I can do that but the tank is working kinda odd it sems to just be spinning is this just me or has anyone else experienced this?

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

sorry doubel post please deleate mods

First off, this should be posted here.

Second, please try to use proper grammar and punctuation in the future. You're British, you invented the language, try to write it properly. There are a lot of people on here to whom English is a secondary language, therefore it helps them if you type legibly.

Third, either your tank's driver's pathfinding has screwed up, or your tank is damaged on one of the tracks, therefore when it tries to drive forward it spins.

I'm not english, and I have to put in some goodwill to understand it. If I have to do that, I choose to ignore the question - probably others will too. His loss, probably. Users who insists over several noticed threads to write in non-understandable language, end up on the ignore list.

Good writing skills are important on forums, for sure. You might be smart, pretty, talented, etc. in real life but your "face" on a forum is 100% the words you type and the sole factor in your perceived quality.

Anyway, I think I know what's happening. The M1 driver is simply in the "in formation" state so he's trying to maneuver in response to you. ArmA really likes to automatically change AI formation state when you get in and out of vehicles. Give him a stop and that should help.

Also there is the ability to "command turn, fast, halt, etc." which is default bound to W, A, S, D as well as the arrow keys and such. If you command "right" and then get out... the AI happily complies forever with your "turn right" command even though you aren't in the vehicle. Thus, spinning.