Sign in to follow this  
Killian

My dream

I've recently started to play OFP online again, since the netcode has improved (slightly, but maybe that's becos I have a measly 64k isdn connection). I will be getting ADSL soon so hopefully it will improve.

But imagine, for a moment a dynamic online Flashpoint world, doing what world war 2 online failed to do, I think this is the future for flashpoint, the possibilities are countless. It would be so Sweeeeeett (Drools).

Flashpoint has been extremely succesful, so I assume that there will be a sequel, pherhaps using a modified version of the original engine and advanced netcode.

Anyone else agree. ?

Thought I'd post anyway cos the board seems to be drying up a little ;-)

resistance = better graphics (hi-res textures or something) and better netcode. late june and $30 USD smile.gif

Yeah, I know about that LordZach, it sounds cool, and I'm gonna get it. But what I was talking about is a massively muliplayer online game of flashpoint. Basically a virtual war.

If u know wot i mean.

Killian, I dream about that every time I play OPF online.

I dream about it when I'm waiting for the round to end.

Russians start on Kolgujev, and NATO starts on Malden.

They both have landing parties on Everon. Moderators will be civilians and resistance.

LSTs will be able to carry 3 tanks, and must be drove to the landing site. Along with PBRs.

Blackhawks will also be on LSTs to air drop infantry to key areas on Everon.

Lamentian and Morton would be key targets. Lamentian because it serves as a great base point, in which it's hard to attack.

And Morton because it is a very flat plain, where it's difficult to attack, and close to neighboring towns.

So control Morton, then you control all the little towns near it.

Control Lamentian, and you'll never get kicked off the island.

The airport would be under attack 24/7...

Blah blah balh... I'm way too enthusiastic about this dream.

As long as i don't have to pay for it.

(Well,t he min. amount I'm willing is $8.00 CANADIAN) -my father won't let anything higher...

Sorry to burst ur bubble guys, but this will never happen.

But we can still dream....

EDIT: This may sound stupid... but if you are REALLY hyped up about this (I woudn't see why) we could always Roleplay...

/me starts out on Malden, me orders a Cobra built, my destination is to aid the-under attack LST...

(ok so i have an over-active imaganation..)

yes..a small scale war!!! my dream is same... smile.gif

and i can always stay behind and listen to music while comrades take enemy out tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

I was thinking about things like that recently too.

In some ways it'd be cool just to have an island where things happened without having to be scripted, e.g. civilians drive from town to town, tractors plough fields, pilots fly around etc...

Once you had that, you could look at doing a multi-player add on where things were relatively persistent... you could go to the pub, participate in some petty theft, steal cars, shit, that's just Grand theft auto.

but you get the idea.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ April 29 2002,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Killian, I dream about that every time I play OPF online.

I dream about it when I'm waiting for the round to end.

Russians start on Kolgujev, and NATO starts on Malden.

They both have landing parties on Everon.  Moderators will be civilians and resistance.

LSTs will be able to carry 3 tanks, and must be drove to the landing site.  Along with PBRs.

Blackhawks will also be on LSTs to air drop infantry to key areas on Everon.

Lamentian and Morton would be key targets.  Lamentian because it serves as a great base point, in which it's hard to attack.

And Morton because it is a very flat plain, where it's difficult to attack, and close to neighboring towns.

So control Morton, then you control all the little towns near it.

Control Lamentian, and you'll never get kicked off the island.

The airport would be under attack 24/7...

Blah blah balh...  I'm way too enthusiastic about this dream.<span id='postcolor'>

Now that would be awesome. If theres one thing that we need fixed is the damn LST. Its like a hood ornament doesnt do jack, just looks nice.

My dream involves being stuck in the cube. Anyone seen that movie ? Cube ? It's about a bunch of people stuck in this maze of interlocking cubes and boobie traps and such. Well, I always dreamed of getting stuck in one of those with Natalie Portman, Charlize Theron, Britney Spears, Anna Kournikova. I mean not all of them in the same cube. More like each one in their own.

hmm i guess u should see this one Killian

*i discovered this online game just after OPF but the idea is still near the same: battlefield simulation*:

Planetside at http://www.station.sony.com/planetside/

u can expect the feature near to OPF *thought the realism isnt there but the large map and squad tactic did, but it got the various vehicule and building fight*

Actually it's a work in progress, well i ll subscribe this game as soon as i can.

the thing with planetside is, is you have to pay a monthly fee even after spending 100$ on the game, and with its rpg stlye it souns that the first players will get an advantage and make it very difficult for newbies requierments pretty steep but if it wernt for the fee games like that would rock. Me i will never pay a fee costs enough for adsl.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 30 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My dream involves being stuck in the cube.  Anyone seen that movie ? Cube ?  It's about a bunch of people stuck in this maze of interlocking cubes and boobie traps and such.  Well, I always dreamed of getting stuck in one of those with Natalie Portman, Charlize Theron, Britney Spears, Anna Kournikova. I mean not all of them in the same cube.  More like each one in their own.<span id='postcolor'>

But you surely want to miss the boobie traps! The acid thing was bad or the swinging net that cut the first guy into little pieces. Ouch...

Yeah Planetside looks extremely good. Graphics are to die 4, but I agree that I wouldn't pay a monthly fee. Fook That ! Jeez, games in the UK cost enough as it is.

And advocatexxx, why the hell would you wanna be stuck in the cube ? LOL, ur insane. You'd get diced into tiny pieces in minutes :-) unless you have a spare boot to chuck in (Made me laugh on the film that did lol).

Back on topic though, I hope the new netcode for resistance rocks, will they release a patch for us too test the netcode with the original game? I would have thought they would. Resistance isn't far off either.