Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Military SciFi Projects Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Johnson View Post
    Nope, this thread is crazy creative territory now

Flamers and "modern-combat-nerds" who rather want the bazillionst M4-addon or Special Forces Reskin can stay out.

EDIT: Maybe Zedrein can change the title to something like "Military SciFi Thread" or something.
    i love that.. have to say i miss the good old days.. so i guess we old retired players should start making funny addons and go play in our own corner, far away from all the ACE2 players.
    My streaming Perhaps catch me working on some addons.
    http://www.anrop.se Swedish ArmA community.

funny addons like we used to have back in the day (OFP-good times) is something i miss nowadays...

Spoiler:

Two words: Lega Warz! Most hilarious addon ever...next to the roflcopter
    Go ahead and shoot! I'll come back! I always come back! ...But dying is such a bitch.
    — Chucky

Do you remember the addons with the giant russians etc.?
    But well, completly over the top stuff isnt really my thing either....

Well if Zedrein doesnt come back (he did seem quite upset ), Im going to open up an own thread about SciFi Addons, although Im going to wait till my Zaku is somewhat presentable on screenshots, so that I have something to show. On the other hand everyone else is invited to do it, maybe Liquidpinky with his Gekko.

By any chance, do you have the "Aliens" dropship .p3d that was posted here? I asked for it in the Requests thread, but it was quickly buried.

Somebody is currently rebuilding it from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by vilas View Post
    Maybe it's that the OFP era community has retired and the CoD community era has begun? Demanding 12 year olds who must have something now
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Oh, almighty w0lle, grant this pilgrim safe passage through the craggy mountain passes of modding, and let him not be crushed by a boulder. If he should need a helping hand, let him find help on the forum from gnat or some other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse 1-6 View Post
    Listen, I have no problem with "Mech" addons/mods. I love the Stargate mod, and all the SciFi addons that have been released, hell I love every addon that's released. That's not the issue here. The issue is that the thread starter believes that Bohemia Interactive needs to tailor their MilSim "Game" to Mech fans. That's the part that pisses me off.

Yes, "Good Riddance" to him, if he's not gonna buy another BIS game, just because they didn't tailor it to mech fans.

If you cannot understand this reasoning, then open up the 1st spoiler, and take the blue pill.

If you can, open up the 2nd spoiler, and take the red pill.

Blue: Spoiler:

Red: Spoiler:
    But all he was asking for is a better animation system - which is not an unreasonable request, sure he was asking for it in the context of mech mods, but that was only as an outcome of it that he'd find desirable

I think you need to go take your own advice, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedrein View Post
    if its not easier to add mechs in OA then thats my LAST BI game.

This is why I posted my initial response. He SPECIFICALLY said, that if it's not easier to add mechs, he won't buy any more BI games. That is why I said "Good Riddance".

Simple answer: Yes.

Long answer: In theory, the animation system allows this. I've done it myself with the model config structure, which is quite flexible. The hurdle is scripting, which is also the theoretical part. You have to be able to animate the parts as necessary with a script, as using the model config alone is too clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Franze View Post
    Simple answer: Yes.

Long answer: In theory, the animation system allows this. I've done it myself with the model config structure, which is quite flexible. The hurdle is scripting, which is also the theoretical part. You have to be able to animate the parts as necessary with a script, as using the model config alone is too clunky.
    Hey I was able to get a gatling rotating with the old OFP-Gatling-script.
    ( type = rotation; etc.)

Do you know if the same works for the .cfg files used for the Mechs in OFP? I know its "clunky", but it for me it would suffice.
    Can I extract the neccessary information from them? Or has something changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Johnson View Post
    Hey I was able to get a gatling rotating with the old OFP-Gatling-script.
    ( type = rotation; etc.)

Do you know if the same works for the .cfg files used for the Mechs in OFP? I know its "clunky", but it for me it would suffice.
    Can I extract the neccessary information from them? Or has something changed?
    Everything has changed from FP; you'd have to make a model.cfg from scratch and redefine the selections on the model.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast