Sign in to follow this  
ShooterSix

Question about the custom missions.

Hey guys, I have a question about the custom patrol missions that are built in ARMA 2/OA. I would like to choose my side, and my enemies side, but I am unable to do this. I see a tab called "units" next to name,map,time, etc etc. But this units tab is greyed out. I assume this is where I can choose my side, and my gear. Going in their with CPU chosen gear and teams really suck!

Thanks in advance!

It's not the CPU that has chosen your gear, or what side you are playing. It was done by the person who made the custom mission you are playing. He/she used the editor to do that, and you can do the same thing.

Start up the editor, and you will soon notice that it's quite easy to place units of whaterever side you may prefer and give them waypoints.

Thanks for the response. I think you misunderstood me. These aren't the built in pre determined missions, or player made downloaded ones.

These are the SecOps missions, where you receive missions from HQ to find weapon caches, destroy enemy position, patrol, etc etc. You are able to adjust the weather, time, etc. My problem is, I can't adjust what team I'm on. Let's say I want to be American doing missions against the Russians in SecOps, is this possible? I see a units option, but this button is greyed out. Thanks!

Let's say I want to be American doing missions against the Russians in SecOps, is this possible?

Yes of course, assuming that you played on the US/Blufor side to begin with. The Secondary Operations module can also be tweaked to suit your demands, just like everything else in the game. But you still need the editor ;)

Yeah I'm having the same problem. We are talking about the "My Missions" thingy right? No matter what I do, I'm always a KSK team.