Sign in to follow this  
SpetsnazWarriorX

Stacking buildings

I've heard that you can stack buildings on top of each other. Is this true? If so, pleez tell me exactly how to do it, and try to simplify any init field jargon, cause I have difficulties with that stuff smile.gif

this setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), (getpos this select 2)+XX]

-put that in the init field..

-where it says XX put how high you want it, such as 1 off ground

this setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), (getpos this select 2)+1]

-all this really does is get the position of the object and increase the height (z axis) by the number, in that case 1

-also some things wont stay up in the air, such as tanks..

HOPE THIS HELPS biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 27 2002,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Moving to ME smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Moving to YOU smile.gif

J/k

Mission Editing wink.gif

Yep, but its a little tricky and can be a pain...

First create any object, a jeep for example.

Name the jeep. H1 for example.

Put in the Init Field :

this setpos [(getpos h1 select 0),(getpos h1 select 1),(getpos h1 select 2)+5]

-the number (5) may vary depending on how high you want it

Then save the mission.And exit the editor.

Open up the mission's mission.sqm

Search for where it says h1, and if you made a jeep change the "jeep" to whatever building you want ,"Houseafdum_mesto21" for example.

Then load the editor back up and the map and the house should be up in the air...

One thing to keep in mind is that if you try to change the objects (jeep) height after you have changed it into a building(houseafdum) it will turn back into the object(jeep)..thats why you have to do it in this roundabout way..

That may be a little confusing so let me know if you understand wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nic @ April 29 2002,01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then save the mission.And exit the editor.

Open up the mission's mission.sqm

Search for where it says h1, and if you made a jeep change the "jeep" to whatever building you want ,"Houseafdum_mesto21" for example.<span id='postcolor'>

Or better yet, download Gunslinger's editor addon so you can place the houses and other objects directly within the editor. The downside is that the addon has to be on every computer that wishes to use the maps created with the addon's features.... But luckily the addon is so small in size and it's getting more and more common among the OFP community so it really isn't a big issue.

Yes, the gunslinger's addon really makes inserting buildings easy from the editor.

I have a question. When you create a mission, you can save it to a "user mission" or you can export it to a mission. I assume the user missions are like copying data to a CD but leaving the session open whereas exporting the mission is like closing the CD. Is this right? Once you export a mission, can you go back and edit it? I also assume user missions can only be opened up in the editor program right?

I think the exported mission is the sqm file.

thats sweet. Has anyone made a mission with like one giant tower (houses ontop of houses)??? That'd be SO COOL.

I've never really seen one with a giant tower, but one time I attempted to make a city way up in the sky. I called it pallet land...it went terriblely wrong. If anyone shot at the pallet streets everything started to fall to the ground..a damn good laugh though...hehe wink.gif