Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

I'd like the USMC and Russians to make a return in OA, but in desert camouflage. Also the US Army in Woodland camo for use in Utes and Chernarus and the Brits in Woodland and Desert camo.

I wanted to say no bugs ... but looking closely at the picture i´d rather opt for freakin mechanix (or COD4) gloves!! :yay:

Dunno if its included but the German AT soldier should get the Panzerfaust 3 'coz it's Germany's answer to the RPG plus all bugs fixed. And authentic voices for the Czechs, Germans and Chernarussians.

I'd re-buy ArmA 2 with all the OA options (flashlights and working PEQs when applicable) along with having every weapon have every combination of optics and attachments. I want an M4 with just an ACOG. A Mk-17 EOTech/EGLM. M14 ACOG. M16 EOTech. Sure, a lot of configs would be redundant, but dammit I want them!

More islands would be welcome too (along with properly camouflaged units to match). A nice jungle island. African island. Snow island. Anything with more places for destruction!

New factions are also always welcome. I'd love to see the British (complete with SAS), Australian, Chinese, Canadian, French, and more, even if it was just basic classes as long as they have the proper weapons and look with at least some sort of armor or transportation.

I want it all! Sure mods can (and have) deliver all that, but I'd gladly pay for some of this stuff. Especially if they updated the animations for things like reloading, especially on a gun to gun basis.

#1 AC-130 gunship

#2 More single-player campaign/story driven missions

thinking...thinking...

British Army! not just men, but tanks too, i love tanks. :)

+1 for this.

Units:

British Army

British Marines

Lynx / Merlin helicopters

British weapons SA80 class etc

British armored

All factions should have Woodland and Desert camo just like BF2.

Edited by Echo_2-7

I, like others, would want British units.

But, I'm not too concerned with vehicles, I'd be very happy with only the infantry and weapons, things like the L115A1, the HK417 and the (infamous) SA80.

Rather than the vehicles which are generally just knock offs of widely used US equipment, already in game. <- That might be controversial. : )

New maps, new units. That's it.

I'd totally pay for those two things.

Even if BI won't release new content, they should at least release Desert and Woodland camo repaints for all factions, since it uses existing models.

MOUT.

Urban combat module. Haven't bought OA as I'm still on the fence but as far as I can tell the AI is the same as Arma2 -which ain't bad, but man this game could be so much more with proper cqb and urban fightin AI.

Random house scripts are nice and all but they are exactly that -random. Imagine if a few soldiers barricaded themselves indoors and the AI intelligently attempted to rout them out.

If they built it, I'd pretty much pay whatever the cost for this improbable dream...

Edited by froggyluv

AC130 module and scenario mission

Im good with content I want BIS to focus on getting rid of all the nasty bugs that remain in RV since OFP days, and keep adding features and further optimizing the game.

they should add glove section to the character editor and the gloves that Mr. Burns pointed out. Do want

I want a good single player campaign for a change! The original was very poor. Buggy, no tanks, no choppers, no jets, limited weaponry, and totally spoiled by missions like Manhattan which although fantastic in concept, just didn't work properly.

In OA, the campaign was a bit better but it's too short.

I want to see BI put together a proper campaign with great scripted events and all the great stuff they have made for the game so far, with tight well made missions, and some grand scale missions like Manhattan but which actually work properly. With missions designed to be fun in a gunship, fun for a figher plane, and some great on foot missions. Ones where you have to escape an enemy compound, using silence and sneakiness to get away, and then you get chased and you have to run in to the hills and forests to evade them. Missions where you have to take out tanks with the anti tank weapons and call in air strikes and artillery. And have it end with a mission where you have to capture a well defended city, in a series of stages. So the player has to use fast jets to take out their air defences. Then you go in with a bomber to take out some ground defences and armor, and then a chopper to take out the remaining hard targets. Then you go in to the city with a squad on foot to finish off the remaining enemies.

I would probably pay for new islands and faction packs, but the factions should be well thought out before they are created. I applaud BIS for making a British faction (I think they have anyways) but we have things that are 100x more realistic and better detailed from the community. I know for a fact that the Lynx from RKSL is more realistic than the one we have seen in the screenshots from BIS.

My point is, roll out the factions, but if a community member/mod team has something that is better than what they can make/have made, choose a different faction.

Like I said, before even making making new factions, BI should make Desert and Woodland camo for all factions. The repaints should be free as they use pre-existing models but for new content, I don't mind paying.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

@Flash Thunder, why do you say Patch 1.07 is highly unstable?

how about IEDs? now that we have an Afghan-esque map.

how about IEDs? now that we have an Afghan-esque map.

I would LOVE to have working IED's.

I'd like to see Russian army with new units!

BMD-4M,SPRUT-SD

Working cruise missles together with a working missile cruiser (could man with multiple players, navigate, take damage, sink, etc.) for the ARMA II maps?

Hmmm, that's gonna think quite a while. But I think my suggestion could be faster to make as they are just repaints of existing units. The most I think it'll take would be a year.

Maps :

- Winter/Nordic map (even Winter Chernarus)

- African savannah/jungle map

- Chinese/Korean/south-East Asian style map

- Vast archipelago (lots of islands, maybe Indonesia style)

- South American map (hills and forest + narco-guerilla style factions)

Units :

- Desert Marines and Russians with heat signatures

- Other Euro forces : More Germans, French, Brits...

- AC130

Missions :

- More campaigns like OA and EW to showcase the new assets.

Editing :

- Working 3D editor

- Gear interface

- Drag and drop Halo modules, MP respawn modules,

- Working City construction module with Chernarus buildings

maybe some naval warfare where it would take several players to control a ship. would be cool to have some big battles with destroyers, cruisers, corvettes and frigates...

Id'e like to see the Russians return in desert camo and some new units and vehicles

Especially these vehicles

MiG-29SMT, SU-27SM, Ka-60, Mi-26, BMP-T Teminator, T-90A vladimir, T-80UM-1, BTR-80, 2S19, SA-11 Gadfly, 9M123 Khrizantema anti-tank missle, Smerch Multiple Rocket Launcher and TOS-1 heavy flame thrower system.

Also like to see the Takistan side recieve MiG-21, MiG-29A, BTR-70 and MiG-23