General Operation Arrowhead Suggestions
Hello, i have some Suggestions for ArmA2 / Operation Arrowhead.
- UAV should have the same waypoint system like the ULB
- UAV needs Speed setup. The player should be able to set the speed in a way like he set the Altitude etc.
- UAV Targeting is almost impossible because of its maneuvers and Speed. There should be a Camera Lock option for the Locked target like in VBS 2. That means the Center of the Camera or the laser pointer stays on target and u can guide the Missile into the target. If i remember it right, it is the "V" button on the Keyboard for VBS2.
- I play since Operation Flashpoint and still no vehikel module system. The doors of the Bradley or M113 are not opening for boarding the vehikel. The same on C130. It is not possible to open the cargo bay and load it with vehikels after that. Too bad those modules are not integrated. Thats a Feature VBS2 has and such an Detail would be very welcome in ArmA2 / Operation Arrowhead. Because of the fact that VBS2 is based on ArmA2 technology, it should be not that big problem to integrate such a feature like the animated modules system.
- A few more Vehikels would be very welcome on Operation Arrowhead as well. Like the BMP3, Merkava IV or V for Opfor/Takistani. An AC130 Gunship or CH53 Transport Chopper for the US Military, an desert version of the UH1Y Venom would be also welcome. Just some Suggestion for future Patch suprises for the community.
- Thermal View should be avaliable for some Opfor/Takisti equipment. Like the T-72 or better a T-90 that should come with a patch. TWI Scopes for Sniper Rifle SVD or an other new Sniper Rifle like the Cheytac M400 .408 Sniper Rifle that comes with a patch
- When using Overview command cam and commanding a Tank like the M1A2 TUSK, it is not possible to target a enemy tank. The same on 3rd person cam. If i right click or click and hold the right mouse button, it switches back into first person without targeting or everything is to late and i am done. I dont know how to solve this problem, i think the Problem is the possibility to switch back into normal view with right mouse button. Some improvements on the possibilities of the command cam and 3rd person cam would be very welcome.
- Better automatic integration of High Command Interface (CTRL+SPACE).
I would love to command my Troops in Multiplayer like that. But it is impossible if the Mapper did not implement it into the mission. It would be very welcome if this amazing feature would atomaticly be assigned to the players ai. For example: A player that buyed a M1A2 TUSK and a M2A2 Bradley in a Warfare Multiplayer Game and assigned it to two several groups like red and blue, should be able to command them with high command on the map and setting waypoints. Setting waypoints in a multiplayer mission is not possible with CTRL+Leftclick like supposed to be. Improvements or Full Implementation would be very welcome.
- Just a few suggestions that would be very welcome for the future i think. The Opfor should be a bit more up to date. They are still using old russian cold war equipment. Thats almost unfair.
But still i want to pay attention on a fact: You Guys at BIS made a great job already with Operation Arrowhead and i am looking forward to the upcoming enhancements and patches. Hopefully i will find some improvements like suggested here.