Sign in to follow this  
Kristian

Hiding waypoints

I want to do as simple thing as this, but I can't manage to do it. :(

I tried Hidewaypoint command, but it doesn't work. I also tried setting

waypoint to "NEVER SHOW" which is default, but it still shows on hud. I also

tried removing hud, but no luck with that. All help is appreciated. :)

-Kristian

Thanks, but this mission has to be playable with all difficulities. Showing waypoints would ruin it. ;)

I want to do as simple thing as this, but I can't manage to do it. :(

I tried Hidewaypoint command, but it doesn't work. I also tried setting

waypoint to "NEVER SHOW" which is default, but it still shows on hud. I also

tried removing hud, but no luck with that. All help is appreciated. :)

-Kristian

Hey how did you remove the HUD? I'd like to take some screen shots of ingame without the HUD on...

Hey how did you remove the HUD? I'd like to take some screen shots of ingame without the HUD on...

You could have easilly googled/searched that out of the forums btw.. but whatever. Place a player on map, then put a triger on map. Set its activation to "radio alpha". Put to triggers init:

player exec "camera.sqs"; showcinemaborder false
Go to ingame, and you should be in camera mode. Use numpad to control the camera, and press L to disable the crosshair.

Now, please lets not discuss camera or that stuff here, but the actual help I was asking for. How to prevent Waypoints from showing in HUD?

You could have easilly googled/searched that out of the forums btw.. but whatever. Place a player on map, then put a triger on map. Set its activation to "radio alpha". Put to triggers init: Go to ingame, and you should be in camera mode. Use numpad to control the camera, and press L to disable the crosshair.

Now, please lets not discuss camera or that stuff here, but the actual help I was asking for. How to prevent Waypoints from showing in HUD?

Yeah I did a search and you know what it came up with?

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=1025943

2 results of old commands 1 for a different game, and 1 that removes only the action commands. I'm sorry to have bothered you then. But thank you for giving me the right advice.

If you dont want the waypoint to show why bother putting it in? Just have markers on the map.

Edited by Toasticuss

the waypoint is for a squad to board a helo, and the waypoint is required for the helo to know, what squad wants to board it. C'mon, anyone? :(

I thought this was something simple to do...

[grp, 2] showWaypoint "NEVER" seems to have no effect however [grp, 2] setWaypointType "HOLD" changes it from move to hold but that doesn't help.

I don't really know what your after I don't see the point in a waypoint you don't know where it is, if you want a chopper to come to your position just use one of the many clickonmap scripts or call it via the radio.

You could just sync the waypoint to a switch trigger which will turn it off until switched on I guess, I'm not sure how you turn them back on though.

Edited by F2k Sel

I thought showWaypoint had to do with waypoints showing on the map, not ingame gui.

That is correct.

But to the OP: If the player is the leader of the group, you could rather use tasks instead of waypoints. With tasks you can choose to show a marker(waypointish style, like in the campaign) to guide the player in the mission, or if you dont want the marker to show, you dont assign a marker to the task.