Sign in to follow this  
bushpig

Arma2 OA: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Bought OA yesterday on steam, played almost all day with no problems.

However, today I run the game from steam and I get this error message, and the game doesnt start:

Arma2 OA: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

What is this?! I did the 'verify integrity of game cache' on steam, but I still get this error. Now I cant play :(

Any tips?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Anyone? I', still dying to play!

I don't know what else I can try. I'm leaving the re-installation of the game to last, since I will have to re-download another 8gigs.

Thanks.

That is 99999/1,00000 a sign of a failing hard drive, how old's your HDD?

Oh wow! Thank you.

I have the 'my documents' folder stored on a different hard disk. A while back, I remember a windows error about that drive. My Arma config files are in there.

This has to be it. I will put my 'my documents' folder back to its original location, in the C drive.

Thanks again. I think this will fix it.

Yep I would definitely suggest you get anything important off that HDD ASAP, I've had that error a few times over the years and the HDD has never lasted much longer after it starts, you can format in a way that excludes any damaged areas but I personally would never consider this HDD reliable again and only continue using it if desperate. The only scenario I can think of where it's not the HDD itself is if perhaps the cable has become damaged or slightly pulled out at one end where it connects to the HDD/Mobo but I'd be surprised if it's not the HDD itself unfortunately :(

Yep. That fixed it. At least it was a slow drive, not my fast drive for Arma, heh!

Thanks again.

:)