Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OA Pbo's for mapping

First Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill xl View Post
    ToraBora makes use of almost only OA objects. I converted all the OA objects (type 49 back to 48) to be able to see them in bulldozer. Furtermore i used the exe from OA, copied and renamed it to bulldozer and use it instead of the a2 one. Maybe this helps?
    Thanks a lot for the tip mate, I'll give it a try ..

UPDATED ...

OK but ... I need either the p3ds either a way to make them compatible with A2 ... ToraBora island does not containing any p3d but just classnames ... so my problem is still the same as before.
    Last edited by Aplion; Jan 31 2011 at 15:06.

Huh?
    You ONLY convert the depbo'ed AO content in your working P drive.
    You reference those converted models in VISITOR, and then your Terrain will work for everyone who has AO.
    You dont need to transfer any models to your terrain project.
    You only convert them so you can properly reference them in Visitor during the DESIGN phase of your project.

First Sergeant
    Gnat, first of all thanks for reply ... to be completely clear, I'm not asking actually for any models ...

... as I said in my previous post, I'm facing problems with conversion procedure of those models in order, as you said, to have them properly referenced in Visitor during design phase ...
    Last edited by Aplion; Feb 1 2011 at 16:47.

Aplion,

Chill's recommendation should work. I'm using OA objects, roads in my map without any problems. Just convert the stuff in your P:/CA folder to ODOL 48.

What exact error are you getting? Lots of people have converted the p3ds and they work fine in Visitor.

Tup

First Sergeant
    Tupolov ... I'm getting this error message when I'm trying to convert the p3ds ... "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" ...

So my problem is that I can't figured out the exact procedure for the conversion ... and that's I'm asking for.

Sorted it
    Last edited by SmokeDog3PARA; Feb 8 2011 at 09:57.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123