Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTD: OA has stopped working

Gunnery Sergeant

CTD: OA has stopped working

Hi all,

I get CTD in OA every time I play. It's different how quickly it happens. It happens both in the campaign and in training. I installed the Win 7 GPU stress MS hotfix posted on this forum in a sticky. No difference. Old Arma 2 and other games runs good with no CTD. When it crashes it says OA has stopped working.

I'm running with no mods (ACE 1.2 is installed though.).

Here's my target line:

"D:\Games\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

Things I will try:

-delete -exThreads=7.

-sound is set to 128 in OA. I'll try decrease that.

System:

i7 930 @ 4.2
    6 GB ram
    5870 with Catalyst 10.6, Cat. AI set to advanced
    2x SSD
    Xonar Essence ST
    Win 7 x64

Another bug: In options it seems that object and terrain quality reverts to normal each time game starts.

OA is awesome otherwise! If I don't sort out the CTD I sure hope BIS finds a fix.

I've noticed that if you set your options and the game subsequently crashes then the options you set will not be saved. So its always better to set your options, quit the game and restart, then your options should be safe.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

And do not you realize we are very community oriented company, we support modding as much as we can and that we are not going change in this approach as this is what we like the most about our work?
    Marek Spanel - CEO www.bistudio.com

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerwatt View Post
    I've noticed that if you set your options and the game subsequently crashes then the options you set will not be saved. So its always better to set your options, quit the game and restart, then your options should be safe.
    Yes I'm aware of that. Options revert to normal when restarting after a normal shutdown.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Update: I lowered terrain and objects to normal and removed-exThreads=7. It seems to have helped.

Lance Corporal
    I have the same problem. I believe for me the CTD is a memory issue as the first CTD had a out of memory message.
    Similar setup to Zorg except Nvidia cards (2 x gtx295).
    I'm running OA with the same settings as I run ArmA II and even with the 1.07 update I am not seeing this issue with ArmA II.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    OA keeps crashing randomly for me. Still the message: OA has stopped working. I'm at mission 3 in the campaign.

i7 930 @ 4.2 - have you tried running lower or at normal specs? Maybe OA is pushing your OC over the edge.

~~ He flung himself upon his camel and rode madly off in all directions ~~

Same problem here. Random crashes to desktop. Sometimes in menu sometimes during play. Cant play longer than 1min. Eish.

Win 7, 4870, 2gb ram, q6600

Thank you Bis. Next time im getting the game from torrents. What a waste of money for unfinished product.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdihi View Post
    Same problem here. Random crashes to desktop. Sometimes in menu sometimes during play. Cant play longer than 1min. Eish.

Win 7, 4870, 2gb ram, q6600

Thank you Bis. Next time im getting the game from torrents. What a waste of money for unfinished product.
    With 2gb ram I'm surprised you can do anything in Win7

I think you are going to need more ram whatever the problem is.

-------------------------
    For CTD:
    Try the latest Beta.
    Set texture memory to NORMAL
    Last edited by EDcase; Jul 16 2010 at 15:01.

This random crashing thing is popping up a lot.

Everthing is fine for awhile and then OA just crashes constantly
    and there is no pattern to it.

I haven't got it yet but a bunch of people I've talked to who do have it can't play
    for more then a couple minutes without crashing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast