Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

Yeah sorry guys, I'm real confused, but you need to clarify this up a little bi, and write a miniature step by step guide cause you're confusing the hell outta normal people.

I have bought Combined Operations, will I need to worry about doing any of this ?

Yeah sorry guys, I'm real confused, but you need to clarify this up a little bi, and write a miniature step by step guide cause you're confusing the hell outta normal people.

I have bought Combined Operations, will I need to worry about doing any of this ?

I suspect not, since Combined operations is both games in one package. This is for people buying OA who already have Arma II steam version. Apparently they don't synch together.

No, the entire process is designed to be as simple as possible.

* Install ARMA 2

* Install ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead (offers to be installed into Arma 2 working dir, so you should leave it as it is, otherwise the version will not merge)

And that's it. It also works with pretty much all versions this way, the only exception is if you bought A2OA from Steam. In that case, the integration is more complicated but will be working on it to make it fully automated (that is one advantage of Steam: it is possible to adjust things even after release).

I've got the boxed DVD version of ArmA2, but for simplicity's sake I'd like to download ArmA2:OA off STEAM. Is the "steam fix" that is being talked about what I will need to use?

Interim solution for steam users is to manually add to commandline of A2OA:

-mods=***ARMA2DIR**;***A2OADIR/EXPANSION***

(replace ARMA2DIR and A2OADIR with full path to each game).

Pretty hard core but for now there is no better way.

i updated the batch file, it will work for these who have working paths in registry

we are investigating why some users got registry values for path missing, it's mainly ARMA 2

I've got the boxed DVD version of ArmA2, but for simplicity's sake I'd like to download ArmA2:OA off STEAM. Is the "steam fix" that is being talked about what I will need to use?

Yes, if you have OA from Steam, I suggest you to give us some time to work out automatic way.

(unless you can set up command line manually or combine the game folders properly in the same way retail OA does it).

we are investigating why some users got registry values for path missing, it's mainly ARMA 2

Dwarden, I can tell you that on my Win7 64bit box, my MAIN key is under ArmA2\BattlEye instead of just ArmA2

Update: My bad, I failed to differentiate between the Bohemia Interactive and Bohemia Interactive Studio registry hives

Edited by HellRider
error in original post

As I have a CD version of ArmA2 and a steam version of OA how would I go about sorting this?

I'd just like to send a big FUCK YOU to steam and Bridgemax because WiMax is the worst ISP technology ever.

Since 1.05 or so, it no longer has to connect and update steam to play arma, so I don't use. No one in town here had just OA, I figured I'd direct download it. Sprocket was probably getting slammed, because I couldn't even get the page to load.

I start up steam, and it nukes a2 so it can REdownload 7GBs of data for 1.07, which I already had (still dling, maybe it'll be done be tomorrow).

Then, it wanted me to verify my email address before purchasing OA, which was a flawed process. I'm dling that now, too, and it'll probably be done sometime tomorrow.

I feel like when I downloaded Quake CTF on my 56k, and it took all afternoon.

NOW, I find out the integration doesn't work right. Great. I really love you BIS, but I hate your publishers.

Question: does 1.52 patch make OA start without Steam? Or do I have to get 1.52 through Steam? I've never liked steam, and I hate having to launch it every time to play the 1 pc game worth buying/playing.

OA is 1.52 already one STEAM

the integration is not broken if registry keys data are correct ...

but we will make it easier in future (auto-detection)

i will see what i can do about the 1.07 complete re-download but for now it's how theirs system work

OA is 1.52 already one STEAM

It's a different version than the 1.52 patch on the website. Any idea when the latest version will be up on Steam?

EDIT: For clarity, Steam version is 1.52 build 71612 and the latest patch is 1.52 build 71816.

Edited by MavericK96

Am I doing something wrong? Arma2 now shows up in Expansions for OA but isn't enabled and the enable button is faded out as such.

Interim solution for steam users is to manually add to commandline of A2OA:

-mods=***ARMA2DIR**;***A2OADIR/EXPANSION***

(replace ARMA2DIR and A2OADIR with full path to each game).

This is easy enough to do in Steam, but it didn't work for me (even after I added the missing third asterisk after ARMA2DIR ;)). When I boot OA, it's just OA. I check by looking at the maps available in the editor, as well as to try and continue my campaign from the first game.

The weird part is, one of the mods I have for the original game (I forget which one - I've got a few of them in there) has a side-effect where at the main menu, the 3D scene is replaced by just open ocean, seen from a little below. When I tried the above fix, that started happening in OA (which made me happy, figuring that meant they were finally combined), but nope, they are definitely not combined yet. :(

Please excuse me Gents..but i 'v no "got it right".

I have DVD version of A2 and tomorrow maybe i 'll get O.A. DVD version.

Do i have to install OA in same directory of A2?

Plz explain me the procedure in this case..

Ok, I used this batch file thing, and it seems as though it combined them, but ArmA 2 in the "Expansions" menu is there but I am not able to enable it.

Win 7 64 / Sprocket downloads

Should Operation Arrowhead find Arma 2 under Program Files(x86) when it is installing and automatically update and merge? It didn't appear to do so when I just installed, so I am going to uninstall and try again.

Should they be in separate directories or can I point OA to install into the Arma 2 directory?

Edited by vyshka

Yeah could someone from BI explain how to install this? I keep getting error messages with clean installs?

Yep. Same problem here. (using Steam) I figured that if I load ArmA 2, the content would merge. However, when I try to load ArmA 2, I get "no entry .cfgWorlds." and then when I click through that error box, I get: Data file too short "addons\error.pbo"

Edited by John_Chrichton

I run OA via Steam = no Arma2 :mad:

I run OA via that batch file = Arma2 :)

This is what's suppose to happen until Steam gets the fix? I'm quite happy to do it this way but just want to make sure I'm not somehow missing something.

I have the DVD ver. of Arma2; but I just DL'ed OA from Sprocket. All I did was install it to the same directory as my Arma2 DVD ver. and used the OA shortcut...worked fine

Ok, I used this batch file thing, and it seems as though it combined them, but ArmA 2 in the "Expansions" menu is there but I am not able to enable it.

It may not show as enabled but the content is there.

I have the DVD ver. of Arma2; but I just DL'ed OA from Sprocket. All I did was install it to the same directory as my Arma2 DVD ver. and used the OA shortcut...worked fine

Yeah, pointing it at the arma 2 directory worked for me as well. It just patched arma 2 to 1.07 and now is installing OA.

Yeah, pointing it at the arma 2 directory worked for me as well. It just patched arma 2 to 1.07 and now is installing OA.

I unistalled ARMA 2 to see if OA would still get error mesages and it did not get any? If we already have patch 1.07 installed in arma 2 should we cancel the one in the OA installer files?

Edited by stevedrumsdw

One interesting thing about this file is that running it will indeed merge the two games, but even though it is running ArmA2OA.exe, my SLI profile for that .exe won't work. It works with normal ArmA2OA.exe, but not through the batch file.

EDIT: Nope, sorry, I was mistaken. Something else was up with my SLI profile. Works just fine.

Edited by MavericK96