Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #1

Exclamation ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

This whole post and thread is deprecated since ARMA 2: OA 1.60 release (automatic detection of A2 install
    (A2 needs to be started once incase of STEAM/Desura)
    it still can be used as workaround in case of some issues ...

Spoiler:
    Attached Files Attached Files

If this isn't the right place to put this question sorry, but to clarify for steam users, you mean that future downloads will include that file? So if we already did download and have two separate folders via steam, we can use this? Thank you.
    2nd Battalion 16th Infantry Regiment.
    1st Squadron 303rd Cavalry.

This doesn't work for me. I just downloaded both arma2 and the expansion on steam, and I started them both at least once.

"ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value." x2

This did not work.

First time I tried it I ran OA (I'd already run Arma2 a few hundred times), I exited, put the file into the main OA directory (where the exe is), and I ran OA, OA started just fine but no access to ARMA2. I tried to run ARMA2, no access to OA.

I re-downloaded the file and re-extracted it to the OA directory. I ran arma2, then I ran OA, still separate and then I ran arma2 again, no joy.

Both Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead are in the default steam directories. Arma2 was updated via the forced steam download to 1.07. I didn't get the registry error, both games start fine. They just don't acknowledge each other.

Dwarden, I really do appreciate the time you take to put material up for people, but could you please try to be more detailed in your instructions. For example, you weren't even clear if we should be trying to run the combined game from OA or Arma2.

I've noticed this several times on these forums and on the Steam forums over the past year that I've been a BIS customer, you seem to leave out information and don't provide complete instructions when you provide technical support.

I have no idea if the file doesn't work or if there was something to the installation process that I messed up. More step-by-step information on how to do this would make life much, much easier; likely for you as well.
    Last edited by Onchas; Jun 29 2010 at 19:31.

5.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #5
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebolax View Post
    If this isn't the right place to put this question sorry, but to clarify for steam users, you mean that future downloads will include that file? So if we already did download and have two separate folders via steam, we can use this? Thank you.
    yes , it's just matter of time this will be included

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onchas View Post
    This did not work.

First time I tried it I ran OA (I'd already run Arma2 a few hundred times), I exited, put the file into the main OA directory (where the exe is), and I ran OA, OA started just fine but no access to ARMA2. I tried to run ARMA2, no access to OA.

I re-downloaded the file and re-extracted it to the OA directory. I ran arma2, then I ran OA, still separate and then I ran arma2 again.

Dwarden, I really do appreciate the time you take to put material up for people, but could you please try to be more detailed in your instructions. For example, you weren't even clear if we should be trying to run the combined game from OA or Arma2.

I've noticed this several times on these forums and on the Steam forums over the past year that I've been a BIS customer, you seem to leave out information and don't provide complete instructions when you provide technical support.

I have no idea if the file doesn't work or if there was something to the installation process that I messed up. More step-by-step information on how to do this would make life much, much easier; likely for you as well.
    can you look into registry if the paths are available ?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2
    key MAIN
    should have path to ARMA 2

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA
    key MAIN
    should have path to ARMA 2 OA

if this is missing, something was wrong with instalation
    Last edited by Dwarden; Jun 29 2010 at 19:35.

I'm not sure, but perhaps my issue is that I used to have retail ArmA2 installed? When I saw arma2 was on sale on steam today, I uninstalled my old, retail-based arma2 and downloaded arma2 from steam. So this is what I did, in order:

Uninstalled retail ArmA2.
    Installed and ran Steam ArmA2.
    Installed and ran Steam OA.
    Tried to run your batch-file, which had two lines complaining about registry errors.

Hopefully this is some help.

Edit:
    Both of the above keys are available and correct for me, except they are under SOFTWARE\6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studios. Perhaps it's a 64-bit issue? Running Windows 7 x64.
    Last edited by Nev1571; Jun 29 2010 at 19:43.

7.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #7
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev1571 View Post
    I'm not sure, but perhaps my issue is that I used to have retail ArmA2 installed? When I saw arma2 was on sale on steam today, I uninstalled my old, retail-based arma2 and downloaded arma2 from steam. So this is what I did, in order:

Uninstalled retail ArmA2.
    Installed and ran Steam ArmA2.
    Installed and ran Steam OA.
    Tried to run your batch-file, which had two lines complaining about registry errors.

Hopefully this is some help.
    same question as above DID you look into the registry?

Yeah, the registry seems fine. I edited my post above, but I'm posting here in case you'll miss it otherwise.

Problem might be Windows x32 vs Windows x64.
    Don't yet have Arrowhead but in Windows 7 x64 I have no
    "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" but
    "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2"

I had to manually copy over the registry values for Bohemia Interactive and Bohemia Interactive Studios from Wow6432Node into SOFTWARE. I have 64-bit Windows 7. It worked like a charm after that.

Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast