Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Operation Arrowhead performance optimizations/comparisons

Hmmm, it's actually 'funny' how many people experiencing this exact issue, also has Core i7s.

Question for the i7 folk, do you all have HT disabled? I'm thinking with the recent changes to the game engine, it might try to take advantage of the hyper-threading but can't find it ... Perhaps I'm just talking out of my ass here.

I can however happily report, going back to Catalyst 10.4 has given me a nice boost. Apparently, the 10.6s are broken beyond words with tons of BSODs, 10.5a ( Hotfixed ) were a bit better, same stuttering but still a heap of BSODs when exiting and alt + tabbing but the 10.4s are fast, bug free and gave me an FPS boost, even Zargabad is playable now!

Private First Class
    Nice that 10.4 is working well for ya might have to put my two 5870's back in ha. In regards to I7 i have my hyperthreading on and get the stutters and have defraged my 10,000 rpm velociraptor drive. Just bummed

Does anyone running SLI know a way to add the OA .exe file to the existing ARMA2 SLI profile without using nhancer, since nhancer does not work with the lastest 257.21 driver set?
    [CENTER]Intel Core i7-3960X @4.5Ghz /1.29Vcore | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |2 x eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper Signature SLI| Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU [/FONT]

I'm in the same boat with a 5970. Great performance with Arma2, not at all with arrowhead just now. Tried the renaming/vsync fix etc. I imagine there is a relatively high proportion of people with crossfire/SLi or dual GPU cards playing Arrowhead. Be nice to get a bit of support!

I'm starting a new thread as this discussion seems to be swamping this performance comparison thread.
    Last edited by o0Jedi0o; Jun 29 2010 at 20:30.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethos View Post
    Hmmm, it's actually 'funny' how many people experiencing this exact issue, also has Core i7s.

Question for the i7 folk, do you all have HT disabled? I'm thinking with the recent changes to the game engine, it might try to take advantage of the hyper-threading but can't find it ... Perhaps I'm just talking out of my ass here.
    Absolutely not, leave it off.

For the people reporting stuttering, what graphic and audio settings are you using? That makes a massive difference. Also, the game is not saving you profile changes all the time and often resets them. I played last night, loaded up the desert to do some editing - it looked horrendous and it had somehow changed by rendering to half the value I normally use. It's done that 4 times so far.
    Last edited by jpinard; Jun 29 2010 at 23:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentspy View Post
    stuttering here too

i7 930 @ normal clock
    ATI 5870 sapphire vapor x
    onboard soundcard (realtek 889)
    win 7 64bit
    6gb 1600mhz ram

arma 2 vanilla with latest patch runs VERY smooth and even with all kinds of mods on, i just dont get why OA stutters so much in comparison
    i7 930 @ 3.0GHz
    ATI XFX 5870
    Win 7 64
    2x2GB ddr3 @ 1600mhz

Basically the same setup you have, and occasionally I will have a hiccup, but for the most part I do not have this problem.
    Btw, I still have HT turned on, and can get 41fps in the benchmark.
    2nd Battalion 16th Infantry Regiment.
    1st Squadron 303rd Cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebolax View Post
    i7 930 @ 3.0GHz
    ATI XFX 5870
    Win 7 64
    2x2GB ddr3 @ 1600mhz

Basically the same setup you have, and occasionally I will have a hiccup, but for the most part I do not have this problem.
    Btw, I still have HT turned on, and can get 41fps in the benchmark.
    what kind of ATI driver you use? i currently got the 10.5 as 10.6 causes wierd issues with old titles for me

and how do i do this benchmark? greatly appreciate the feedback!

you can do the benchmark at the missions section, you can do 2 benchmarks.

AMD Phenom 9850 2.5Ghz Quad-Core
    ATI HD4890 1Gb
    Windows 7 64-Bit
    4Gb DDR2 1066

I have no problems running the game and infact it runs much much faster than Chenarus for me. I haven't tweaked anything and all my settings are on high. I got 44 average FPS on the Benchmark for OA.

Turkeys, i have a similair system like yours.
    AMD Phenom X4 9950 2.6Ghz
    Ati HD4870 1Gb
    Windows 7 32bit home premium.
    6GB memory (3,25 available).

And i cant play ARMAII on high, i play on normal/low. And i get 20-25 average fps. Sometimes it even drops below 10. I use a lot of mods though, like GroupLink, ACE etc. i am completely lost here. I cant wait to try Operation Arrowhead, in hope to get better performance.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast