Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2 OA: Post Process Settings Decoded

I have my game totally maxed out, but for some reason trees in the distance still look like they are set on Low. Grass also seems to disappear after a few feet, and when walking i see it popup after a few feet. Can i change this with postFX?

Here are two screenshots for example:

arma2oa2012080104470181.jpg

arma2oa2012080104485010.jpg

I have my game totally maxed out, but for some reason trees in the distance still look like they are set on Low. Grass also seems to disappear after a few feet, and when walking i see it popup after a few feet. Can i change this with postFX?

Here are two screenshots for example:

Short answer: Not through postFX.

Not long enough answer: Object detail (for trees) can be changed in your username.ArmA2Profile file (Or arma2OAprofile, not sure, dont have OA installed on my laptop since it is shit), and grass distance can be editted through editing the config.cpp of the island you want to increase the grass viewdistance of. However i cant remember name of the value you should be looking for since its almost 0600, though it can be found under clutter.

Edited by NeMeSiS
My laptop is shit, OA is awesome..

i looked into my profile file, but i don't have a clue what to edit for the trees object detail, the grass i can live with, but the trees look like blobs in the distance.

i looked into my profile file, but i don't have a clue what to edit for the trees object detail, the grass i can live with, but the trees look like blobs in the distance.

sceneComplexity, its basically the object detail setting but if you edit it manually you can set more extreme settings than 'very high'. I actually looked it up and then forgot to add it to the post...

It's a bloody shame BI never adressed this issue. Since the conception of shaders, pretty much all games allowed you to set up motion blur, depth of field, SSAO and bloom individually. It's a shame we can't use some of those independently without breaking the gameplay or we have to resort to mods that don't work online :(

I hope this will be eventually sorted out in ArmA 3, since it's too late for ArmA 2.

Oh yes, can I haz?

Seriously though, is there a shred of hope that we would see this in OA before it becomes obsolete, or are you aiming for ArmA3 exclusively? If you guys would treat both games with these options, you would reserve yourself a VIP lounge in heaven (or hell, depending on your personal preference) ;)