A2OA features new post process effect SSAO . Depending on game settings and fillrate (shader performance) of your graphics card, this may lead to lower frame rate.
However, we implemented simple but useful scheme to allow customization of pp effects (based on your personal preferences and also system performance):
- Disabled: color corrections only
- Very Low: Disabled + filmGrain + radial blur + dynamic blur
- Low: Very low + bloom + rotational blur + other scripted post process effects
- Normal: Low + DOF + lowest SSAO
- High: Normal + medium SSAO
- VeryHigh: Normal + highest SSAO
Please note that this setting is not directly equivalent to that of Arma 2.
Also, disabled - low primarily allows you to customize game appearance, Normal - Very High is heavily affecting performance but SSAO quality is the only difference.