Placebo

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead Impressions - ALL OA Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

So seeing as there's hopefully going to be lots of new people with their new impressions, we need a new impressions thread.

Bit early but as the game has already been put on sale by those pesky German retailers I guess it's just a matter of time until this is needed :)

These have been posted to Youtube (not mine):

9S0P6enl4pU

pMpblPnsg34

Arg, those Germans, I should consider an house there.

I definitely like that kickback in the first video, looks pretty genuie to me:)

By the way, that guy claims to have a 5-10FPS increase, would be pretty cool for the lower-end systems, including my own:D

Edited by ubermachtig

The performance in Takistan and of course desert is excellent. But somehow Zargabad has a horrible performance for me...Its much worse then chernarus main towns. i hope for improvments on that map

Well since patch 1.07 the performance is ok again for me (i7920@3.01ghz;4890hd;64bit;12gigram), but nevertheless i expected there to be more fps.

I wasnt able to test a lot but i got the impressions that a few houses drop the fps most.But i ve to test on.My avg. fps is around 40, so quiet well.

As i already posted into another thread, the campaign seems to go "old OFP style"!

The content is great, although the island(Takistan) was expected to be larger, neverthless the village module is great.

Has anyone figured out to build the deployable weapons again?

I was able to pack them, but not to build them.

At the end: the expansion was worth its money again!

For old OFP veterans...OA is comparable with Resistance (although more content) and imho more than Queens Gambit.

The gameplay feels a bit different, means better.

Dont know how to describe it, but it feels more accurate, the grafix seem to be sharper (i use the same settz of my vanilla ArmA2).

But the few green places look very good, and are fair in combat with AI.

Nephris, that's excellent news. From all the BI games I've played Operation Flashpoint's campaign was by far the most impressive and most challenging one, Therefore I'm glad about the similarities.

Could you give some additional info about how ArmA 2 and Arrowhead merge together, proclaimed as a cool feature resulting in a "great millitary platform"?

Post some vehicle combat in the Editor, show us which tanks, apcs, helos have radars.

There are less trees there, that's for sure. :D Instant +15 fps on slower machines compared to forest areas of Chernarus. (Drawing South/North analogy here)

All textures are sharper, because Devs don't want to waste your GPU's bandwidth, since there are no 5000 trees per 1km2, you will have great desert textures. (south Sahrani around Cayo had awesome sand tex)

Guys I think its time for a seperate OA Forum

Here is Part 2

S-eoMsW9XuY&feature=player_embedded

Guys I think its time for a seperate OA Forum

I'm surprised a new one has not been implemented yet.

I'm surprised a new one has not been implemented yet.

This. Please make a separate OA forum!

even if its just general, troubleshooting , beta patches and missions. Addons complete could stay as one forum

Trust me guys, I´m a moderator on a big gaming site too, you have to do this now, otherwise you will have a huge amount of work later!

I would imagine that they might be working on it. Placebo seemed surprised by the German early release so maybe on release day it will be up.

I stand corrected. I thought that Resistance had its own forums but I guess I remember incorrectly.

Edited by Jakerod

even if its just general' date=' troubleshooting , beta patches and missions. Addons complete could stay as one forum[/quote']

This would require all mods to be titled OA or ArmA2 and might mean wading through needless mods you can't use. Separate addons' forums will be great.

There won't be a separate OA forum as it's "just" an expansion, not a complete new game.

Ok but at least a sub forum would be very apreciated

There won't be a separate forum or sub forums, ArmA2 forums will become ArmA2/OA forums. Renaming will be done in the week.

and jumping cars, unless that was a car loaded with quite a few hundred kg of high explosives ... ;)

love the terrain though, and termal , not so mutch the laser yet, and, if you got the laser active, and change to your sidearm, does it have the surefire light on by default then?

Edited by Noraf

Oh God no... They did get that British guy who played OFP:E's Berghoff to put on his fake American accent again. But what's worse is they made him one of the main characters of the campaign. Come on! :butbut:

Oh God no... They did get that British guy who played OFP:E's Berghoff to put on his fake American accent again. But what's worse is they made him one of the main characters of the campaign. Come on! :butbut:

Glad i don´t like SP at all. ArmA for me is MP (coop) only ;)