Sign in to follow this  
pendragonuk

"Touched" files for data-centre servers (Patch 1.07)

My server host company is having problems upgrading my server to the new patch 1.07. With the last patch (1.05) BIS release a rar file containing a copy of all of the touched files.

The current 1.07 patch can not be run/installed on the server because the server files have been uploaded to it not installed. We need to upload the new files to the server so it will be running at the new, correct level.

Currently we are facing the task of installing the game, patching it, then uploading the whole thing to the server. (The server is in a data-centre and has no DVD drive/Monitor/Keyboard... well you get the idea. Oh and it's several hundred miles away.)

Anyone out there with the complete or touched files and a fast connection allow us to have download we would be thankful.

If you have it locally, you should be able at least to tell which files are "touched" by checking (or sorting/searching on) their updated timestamp. You probably knew that already but... And, no, I'm not on a fast line either :(

I have installed the patch to my home PC and the files I have identified as "Touched" by date add up to a shed load of data!

Once zipped I have a file to upload that is 4.11Gb! this is going to take an age on a domestic line.

What happens when Operation Arrowhead comes out? Will we be facing another huge upload to our servers???

Yes, probably.

Note: the patches can be extracted using 7z

For example:

-extract the Arma2Patch_1_05_to_107.exe, it will contain a file called [0]

-extract the file called [0]

-this will create a subfolder called [0]~\ARMA2Patch_1_05_to_1_07\

-just "find" all files in this folder an its subfolders for a complete list. Some will be listed multiple times...

Copy all the files to some folder, 7z them with max compression, upload them.

You could also try something funky with AddonSync if you have full control over the server/your machine at home.

Edited by Yoma

@Yoma

I'm willing to try anything i have tried the 7z and i get a dx file and another exe

how would i go about the funky addon sync