Sign in to follow this  
jonneymendoza

gaming headsets

Hi, im looking for a new gaming headset for my pc and was wondering what ones you guys recommend for good sound and mic quality.

so far i came across these two headsets http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2007/...head_to_head/1

I have had a Sennheiser before but it broke. i was however, very happy with the sound quality and mic on it though so would not mind buying another one from that brand. However, that Creative one sounds like its as good as Sennheiser but half the price of it.

I have also looked that those ubber expensive ones with 5.1/7.1 surround sound thats powered by the mains and can connect via optic out on consoles as well as a AV reciver. At the back of my mobo i do have a optic out connection so that could be handy for that but the price of these headphones seems to cost more than a console!

What you guys think? Cheers in advance.

Well I don't know if OFP supports 5.1 sound but I use Creative HS-1000 (FATAL1TY) USB gaming headset which I find gives very good sound and ability to tell direction of the sound when playing. The mic. is also pretty good.

STGN

Its for Arma 2. is this the correct place to post this or should a mod move this to the arma 2 general forum?

Then no its not in the right place, ask a mod for movement.

STGN

Stay with Sennheiser, superior sound quality to any other "Gaming Headset" which is moreso a con. I recommend the 555's, or 595's if your flash with your money. The PC350's are quite nice aswell and my friend thoroughly recommends them too :)