Sign in to follow this  
BaMBaM

Still wierd keyboard problem:(:(:(:(

Hi,this is getting more frustrating by the day.grrrrrrrrrr.I recently bought ofp and have not once been able to play the game..why? well here go's,listen carefully.I am running windows ME on a via tech mother board using an AMD athlon ~800 cpu,geforce DDR 32m/b graphics card. the ofp version is 1.2(after d/l of patch from code masters) the game loads fine and i can select options/go into the game with the mouse providing i dont hit any key on the keyboard but as soon as i touch any key the game either locks up (requiring a restart) or crashes back to windows.Codemasters advised me to d/l new drivers for my chipset,graphics card and sound card which i did,but alas to no avail! this problem is unique to this game as none of my other games are affected like this. I am totally stumped and so are codemasters,not so cool when ive payed Å30 sterling for a game which should work.PLEASE HELP!!!!!! others have also suggested using a different keyboard..no joy there either. thx in advance

BaMBaM

Haven't heard anyone report this yet. I take it this is a standard keyboard (not USB)?

Curious - do you have any joysticks or gamepads connected or defined on your machine?

Shalom oo mevoorakh avon lady:) hope u had a shabat shalom.

Havin major problems with this game.Yes i do have a sidewinder joypad defined and connected to the computer and it is as far as i know a standard keyboard.The wierd thing is if i just use mouse and jury rig the controller the game runs fine looks very rich and smooth but obviously is a nightmare to control and again if i so much as sneeze on the keyboard it just locks up:(. I am also in touch with scream at the moment and he is "on the case" just got to send him the right files.

shavua tov ve l'hitra'ot

BaMBaM

Shavua Tov!

What happens of you disconnect the joystick and delete it's entry under CONTROL PANEL\GAMING OPTIONS?

Shalom Avonlady,hope u had a shabbat shalom:),well i tried disabling the sidewinder joy pad and unplugging it and guess what?.....IT WORKED!!!! i can now play OFP in all its glory! FANTASTIC!. c u online.

Todah Rabah v' Shavua tov:)

L'hitra'ot

BaMBaM:)

ok I'm having this same problem with anything past 1.46 and I want to play resistance (just bought it)

The trouble is I do not have any joystick installed or any other gaming controller for that matter.

Is there a solution to this?