Sign in to follow this  
MartinE-Z

Arma 2 Field Manual

Hi I dont know exactly where to go to post this and I am sure this is not the place to ask but I cannot find anywhere else. Well last night I got trojaned and I had to reformat and as you know with reformats all is lost and with that I cannot find my manual for the cd key. I play arma 2 and am in a tac. realism unit and I do have it installed on my laptop but I would like to get it installed back on my desktop as my desktop is better qualified to handle the game. I just want to know if there is anyway I can get it back on my desktop without having to purchase a new one if there please email me with help as I know this is information not suited for an open forum.

Edited by Placebo

I have a suspicion about this...

In any case I don't think there are many people willing to give you a CD key for this game in particular, largely because of it's in-built anti-piracy protection called FADE.

Edited by Zipper5

If you have the same copy installed on your laptop, you could find the CD key in your laptop's OS registry. However I have never done this before so I'm not sure how to do this.

Try searching for Bohemia in regedit.exe, you might find something of use.

The key is encoded, you could however export/import it.

It's located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

The red part only applies for 64-bit versions of Windows.

I'm sure you'll understand why such requests are met with suspicion, if you've lost your manual then your only recourse is to contact the publisher for your version of ArmA2 and hope they will supply you with a replacement CD Key, this isn't the correct forum for ArmA2 discussion but there's no point moving it as we close these topics anyway because they're open to exploitation of our games.