Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Arma 2 Field Manual

Arma 2 Field Manual

Hi I dont know exactly where to go to post this and I am sure this is not the place to ask but I cannot find anywhere else. Well last night I got trojaned and I had to reformat and as you know with reformats all is lost and with that I cannot find my manual for the cd key. I play arma 2 and am in a tac. realism unit and I do have it installed on my laptop but I would like to get it installed back on my desktop as my desktop is better qualified to handle the game. I just want to know if there is anyway I can get it back on my desktop without having to purchase a new one if there please email me with help as I know this is information not suited for an open forum.
    Last edited by Placebo; Jun 12 2010 at 20:31.

2.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #2
    I have a suspicion about this...

In any case I don't think there are many people willing to give you a CD key for this game in particular, largely because of it's in-built anti-piracy protection called FADE.
    Last edited by Zipper5; Jun 10 2010 at 09:19.

If you have the same copy installed on your laptop, you could find the CD key in your laptop's OS registry. However I have never done this before so I'm not sure how to do this.
    Try searching for Bohemia in regedit.exe, you might find something of use.
    Being underground is too mainstream.

The key is encoded, you could however export/import it.
    It's located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

The red part only applies for 64-bit versions of Windows.

5.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #5
    I'm sure you'll understand why such requests are met with suspicion, if you've lost your manual then your only recourse is to contact the publisher for your version of ArmA2 and hope they will supply you with a replacement CD Key, this isn't the correct forum for ArmA2 discussion but there's no point moving it as we close these topics anyway because they're open to exploitation of our games.
    Please do not PM or Email me directly about your CD Key issues, follow the guidance in this thread instead.