Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

very nice release.

however, i'm working on a campaign on this island, so same question as Andy McNab, cause for the moment, all the work I've done so far is just f*cked up, as some units are now missing...

He already said that the units are currently in progress and will be uploaded within the next few days.

Yeah you're work is screwed up and so is mine and those of many others. It will be alright once the units are released.

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

Island Lingor - Lite (v 1.337) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=121

Tnx Old Bear!

About the unit errors, can you tell me which ones now cause the error in conjunction with new ibr_lcivilians? So I can fix it in the upcoming few days.

Wolle: you'll get a PM in few hours with beta infantry.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Snakes and crocs are there. You just need to place them in the mission. Use Civilian side for placement (never Empty!) or use a module (Croc only - if you use module no editor croc placement is needed). Venomous snakes need to be placed by editor... snake bites work in MP, be sure to get medical attention or face a quick death (time depends on a type of snake, CSJ had some times written down, around 10-15min I guess).

Those snakes are fantastic :) ,

first time i stand on one it make me jump haha . the crock is for Water only ? i saw it on land and it looked see through?

anyway Tigers are becoming more dangerous too ;)

jseDERdDI0E

@IceBreakr

to me, all infantry units are missing.

i think there are some more, but let you know later.

i'll post here or i'll send you a PM

regards

Wiki

Wolle: you'll get a PM in few hours with beta infantry.

So I presume I don't have to send another PM. Thanks mate.

About the unit errors, can you tell me which ones now cause the error in conjunction with new ibr_lcivilians? So I can fix it in the upcoming few days.

I had the old units installed last night, but not tested all. Definitely the OPFOR infantry units are missing, Air is present but of course doesn't work cause the pilots are missing.

Error in the rpt when trying to place OPFOR units is:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.ibr_arl_faction'.

All BLUEFOR units (Army, Police and PMC) are fine.

Nice work Ice, very unique map, i didnt feel the love for it before but for some reason now for me it feels real, runs smooth and is interesting to play in... love all the small settlements and villages, thanks :)

Seems that DAC doesn't like the new version. No vehicles or troops spawn now. Strangely all we found were their first aid gear. Any ideas on how to fix DAC?

Please wait just a few days for me to release Lingor Units v1.337. Many new things that will make the experience even better, especially for Coops.

same as wolle for the units.

For your next update could you please add v2 bisign files instead of the old and deprecated v1? Thanks

This island is absolutely bloody fantastic! Just driving around the island in the jungle rain and fog at night with your headlights on during a thunderstorm will give you the shivers... The urban areas are amazing and a very large majority of the buildings are open. This makes for some very coordinated TvT or COOP missions searching for the enemy especially with some of the new advanced AI scripts where the AI will climb to the tops of buildings and fire at you from a sniper position! It makes wandering around in the open very foolish and you risk getting drained by an enemy.

Very well done and a well deserved donation since your islands must take hundreds of hours to create; Lingor is on par with the offical islands of Arma 2 CO/OA. I was looking at all the objects and buildings that have been placed around the map and the way that the urban areas blend into the terrain and trees, all the little valleys, hills and winding roads are excellent. Lingor is THE BEST island I have played with since Tonal was released by BAS back in the "old days" for OFP Resistance.

AWESOME JOB!!! :) ;)

Any updated MP missions ?

Nice job with animals. But they need more natural, smoother anims. And maybe more aggresiveness when it comes to tigers.

Island itself looks nicely improved too. Still would've wished for more detail in towns (some places look like buildings in empty grassy fields) but eh can't have everything at once. Your best effort so far.

@Icebreaker

We got a error today that crashed both my game and the server :(

All mods have been tested with all the maps in the modline other than than lingor (First test or lingor update), it crashed while a Tiger was landing at FOB eddie, seeing theres no ILS for it either we think it may have something to do with the runway.

Though it was at the end of the mission for a group screenshot so no big loss, map and mission played beautifly, some people saying they got better framerates than takistan or zarga :D

RPT:

Mods: @adf_tiger

Distribution: 0

Version 1.60.87548

Fault address:******005FAB6E 01:001F9B6E c:\games\202_60_81_105\899790\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe

file:************ LingorTemplate1.0 (__cur_mp)

world:************lingor

Prev. code bytes: DB 3B C3 8D 48 08 75 05 B9 E0 2A B8 00 8B 45 F8

Fault code bytes: 8B 40 08 8B 40 0C 83 C0 04 8B 00 3B C3 74 05 83

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:7DB28188 EDX:00000000

ESI:59329D34 EDI:59329D5C

CS:EIP:001B:005FAB6E

SS:ESP:0023:0167F214******EBP:0167F228

DS:0023******ES:0023******FS:003B******GS:0000

Flags:00010202

Modline:

mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACRE;@ASR_AI;@brg_africa;@CLAfghan;@fallujah;@ibr_dtowns;@isla_duala;@Lingor;@Lingor_Units;@opx_objects;@Thirsk;@ToraBora;@mb_objects;@MBG_CinderCity;@MBG_Killhouses;@MCN_HazarKot;@NGS_Capraia;@AAF_Addons(A collection of clientside mods and Cim/reezo EOD);@bink_sotg_rc3(Units);@mcc_sandbox;@glt_missilebox;@RH_HK416;@RH_MGS;@asr_rh_hk416_ace;@asr_rh_mgs_ace;@pook(SOC-R Boat);@mma;@mar_2maw(F-18);@adf_tiger(ARH Tiger, created by AAF)

Edited by Scarecrow398

Icebreaker great new version, completely EPIC. One thing though the PRACS AI don't want to cross the North East Bridge they continuously fail in different ways its the same with other AI.

Lingor is THE BEST island I have played with since Tonal was released by BAS back in the "old days" for OFP Resistance.

Youll be pleased to know some of the old Tonal units will be revived pretty soon, and they will look sick on Lingor. :p

Youll be pleased to know some of the old Tonal units will be revived pretty soon, and they will look sick on Lingor. :p

Oh nice one!!

will the classnames of the units change or not?

Nathalie, SBP News reporting.

Yesterday local police recieved a call from a villager near Calamar. He stated that "chupacabra" beast slaughtered his goats, while his cows and pigs were spared. I've tried to visit a villager this morning, but farm is off limits - army sealed off the area and is not letting anyone near. I've even spotted Eurocopter armed gunships in the air patrolling the area.

I got this sketch drawn by a guy who spotted that mysterious creature couple of weeks ago:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417174_317217978326956_144173195631436_757279_1434769762_n.jpg

What is your opinion?

I found the alien's eggs.

:inlove:

Looking forward to them, they indeed would fit perfectly here.