Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Lingor definitely doesn't play very nicely with other maps. I just create a custom launcher for lingor and another launcher with everything else but lingor.

What the Hell does "Una isla pequena que sea, pero los mineros amor hay que huia" mean (step IV)? Google Translate states "A small island it is, but miners who fled there love" which I presume refers to that rock infested island, but I can't find anything. I mean, you try looking for one specific rock on an island full of them. :p

Awesome island, Icebreakr! :D

Rhodesy released Jungle SF units, a little explanation about that:

Be advised that these units are not official Lingor ones, I'm doing those and I'm near the actual release. There are two sides:

GAL (Government Army of Lingor) and ARL (Armadas Revolucionarias de Lingor). GAL will have regular troops, policemen, mercenary group Venator and specops. ARL will have rebels in various clothing, I'm also thinking adding druglord & his personal army.

Lightspeed_aust: see the marker on main airport NE and start from there.

Jungle sounds on other islands: yeah, don't run Lingor with other islands, Charon and I dunno how to fix that, but probably BIS needs to make variables that are locked on a single island. Its a sound mod and it works on all islands when you run Lingor.

Zipper5:

Try searching for a place where old abandoned mines are, there should be an small isle nearby that has another riddle rock ;)

Jungle sounds on other islands: yeah, don't run Lingor with other islands,

Wasn't there a similar issue with Namalsk, Sumrak had a solution or Hotfix "Namalsk ambients sounds are now played only on Namalsk (local settings)"

Maybe he can help? otherwise Island is cool but i cant live with jungle sounds on other maps

Has anyone had any problems with ambient civilians not spawning?

I was was using OA 1.54 with patch 75666 applied and plenty of (european) civilians were spawning via ALICE

Since updating today to 1.55 and applying patch 75666 or 76067 I have not seen a single civilian, in any town.

A bit more playing around and I've figured it out. You need to use Ambient Civilians (Expansion) in order to spawn civilians on Lingor. They're all of the Eastern European variety though which is a bit jarring! I tried dropping the civilian pbo from Isla Duala into the Lingor directory to see if I could get some African looking civilians to spawn, but no real luck.

IceBreakr, are you planning on adding custom civilians to this island? Or, do you know of a way to get the Dual civilians to spawn?

Thanks for any info and thanks again for an island which just gets better and better the more I play on it.

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Wasn't there a similar issue with Namalsk, Sumrak had a solution or Hotfix "Namalsk ambients sounds are now played only on Namalsk (local settings)"

Maybe he can help? otherwise Island is cool but i cant live with jungle sounds on other maps

I wonder whether this is why you get no Lingor ambient sounds if you have Namalsk running too?

im stuck on riddle 6 - i think that one just involves a lot of looking- could be in a few places. i go back to mission editing for now :)

Ice - island looks even better - you have nailed the mangrove feel of the rivers - perfect!!

Jungle sounds on other islands: yeah, don't run Lingor with other islands, Charon and I dunno how to fix that, but probably BIS needs to make variables that are locked on a single island. Its a sound mod and it works on all islands when you run Lingor.

Here's the fix for that Issue.

Thanks Mondkalb, will take a look.

Final riddle stone should be

"South-East of a place that Northern river meets the southern one"

:)

Edited by IceBreakr

What happened to the units that were suppose to be released?

Release is postponed slightly AFAIK units still WIP, I might be wrong though. Check Rhodesy's units in Addons complete section, these are the first units and have been created to come with Lingor.

kind regards

Can't wait for the full unit pack, Rhodseys units are great, now we just need some bad guys! :)

Edited by Enad

Gonna have to ask, where can I get the information regarding the riddle? Is there a list of instructions anywhere to start the hunt off?

Cheers

Dale

Last rock:

Six rocks you did inspect merge its numbers into a map, ancient secret may be a trap

or is there more?

did anyone figure out where the 5th rock is?

donde los rios se encuentran, existe un claro, norte y el oeste se puede evadir

I cannot find where

I'm not sure if anyone noticed that the rocks on the island were destructable and the place could use some bridges here and there(namely Aguado to the southwest where I busted up a ton of vehicles trying to reach it). Oh, also found some trees in the water near Calamar.

Otherwise this island is a hell of a lot of fun. :D

Edited by prowler.wolf

Great work, Icebreakr! Like the look of this one, and the size! Quite impressive!

That said, maybe you should arrange it to move this to the "Completed" forum already? ;) Seeing as it's, well, completed...

Regards,

Wolfrug

Release is postponed slightly AFAIK units still WIP, I might be wrong though. Check Rhodesy's units in Addons complete section, these are the first units and have been created to come with Lingor.

kind regards

wow steady on there mate, might want to check ya facts :P

my units are not a part of the island units pack, more of a fan made addon to be used with lingor, but they arnt offical a part of lingor. hope that clears it up.

i have found a bug with this map - the 6th rock is not in my version - i think i have walked, sailed, and swam whole map - maybe someone stole it so i could not complete riddle - thanx heaps whoever that was...really mature!

Lightspeed_aust: well, all stones are there so you can get the coordinate. But there's a bug with the final location of the riddle - v1.01 is coming soon along with Extras - new units pack... so expect that fix, watertrees in Calamar fix etc.

If you have any bugs drop me an email or PM me, so I can incorporate the fix into v1.01.

Thread moved to the complete section since the island has been released.

Lightspeed_aust: well, all stones are there so you can get the coordinate.

i was joking about the bug - its bcoz i am to stupid to find that 6th rock :) i have looked everywhere but still nothing. arrrrrrrrrgh!

Nice Island IB good job... would be nice if someone could make some more rebels like back in the BAS tonal days along with similar armed militia..