Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

just came by to say : what a mindblowing, incredible, fantastic and unique work of art u have done with the Lingor islands.

(TL:DR = Good job) ;)

I am in the process of converting/installing it with Domi 2 (2.71) for private use, but I can send it when finished if it has any interest.

Again. REALLY good job.

If you only would knew how much work is with such big island,... i'm currently on 16x16 project.

Speaking of which my adaptation of War in Takistan to a War on Drugs themed War in Lingor is almost ready for its first release now that code34 pretty much completed his refactoring of his War Context engine. I'll post a link as soon as I release the first tag and PBO on github :)

Lingor is such an awesome island to play on.

strangerinthenight: there's plently of other islands that are similiar to Takistan. My latest project is map of Balkania (16x16, 1:2 ratio of a 32x32km RL terrain).

It will feature a much more open terrain then any of my previous maps, incorporating all the lessons learned in the process. And again, gameplay in mind comes first.

Lingor took more than 6 months of work on 10x10. I bought a new PC (thanks for all of you supporting my work!) to be faster with bigger projects. Using files 20480x20480px with hand painting can sometimes be a problem for a mid-end PC ;)

I'm wondering how many hidden stuff did u find? ;)

I've been laughing last week when my team found out that the is a Guy Fawkes mask on the top of AS350 rotor ;) but we took like 100 rides before that ;)

Seems like Lingor may be a quite good scene for reenacting some Central American wars of 70-80's (El-Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala).

i once drove across guatemala with 2 salvadorean brothers who had fought on opposite sides of the US-financed civil war. one of them had 8 entry wound scars, including a clip on the crown of his head... luckily all from M16s! they were great guys to travel with...

love lingor so much

ice can you make a map with mountains like sahrani sometime? but with rivers like lingor? (like panthera but taller) - would be great. maybe with vietnam jungle so we can use it with the unsung mod

i don't ask for much eh?

Both my current projects feature woodland US/EU style. I'm tired of jungles and deserts ;)

cool. I can try out my new ACR units (bought yesterday) in them... woot!

Awesome map. Just dropped you a small contribution to say thanks for your hard work on this maps and all the others. I really hope to join your next MP event.

I also really hope the Lightspeed finds the time to update his GR campaign for this island (I know he's now busy on new Dingor project).

I really hope to join your next MP event.

I also really hope the Lightspeed finds the time to update his GR campaign for this island (I know he's now busy on new Dingor project).

about that when is the next event and where can i find this campaign ??

Tnx Domokun & other supporters. Really appreciate it.

short_German: didn't post it yet, will let you know at least 1 week ahead.

Can't wait to see these!!

Both my current projects feature woodland US/EU style. I'm tired of jungles and deserts ;)

Delta99, well progress is slow due to my RL commitments, but two maps are coming up:

- Keystone, USA

- Isla Balkania

It has come to my attention (tnx guys) that Vilayer dot com website is using my map content commercially.

Guess they didn't read the file supplied with my island that states that "Any military or commercial use is strictly prohibited."

Mods, can you please contact them or should I pursue them myself, maybe even legally for abusing my content?

It has come to my attention (tnx guys) that Vilayer dot com website is using my map content commercially.

Guess they didn't read the file supplied with my island that states that "Any military or commercial use is strictly prohibited."

Mods, can you please contact them or should I pursue them myself, maybe even legally for abusing my content?

That's not nice to see at all IceBreakr, maybe it would be best to message Placebo.

what will Keystone be like?

urban map?

Just to make sure you know this too:

1. They also use Panthera

2. The exact same is being offered on HFB Servers

But I have no idea what it is they exactly offer and ask the money for.

Good luck with finding out what exactly is happening here.

It's kind of a wild west situation on reddit I believe, everyone is trying to get some piece of dayz, didn't expect them to actually make money on other people their work.

Wiki: since there is no topic about Keystone yet, I will be short: its a rural area in Pennsylvania, featuring three towns and smaller farms. There are two airports present, one if which is make-shift. No shots, no more info until beta is out. It will be used for MP campaign human vs zetaborn.

Paragraphic I: yeah it makes me sick... it would be like I would charge 5 bucks for download of two of my upcoming islands. Just wrong.

Glad to see that Lingor hit new download records, over 20 terrabytes in just 2-3 servers ;)

Icebreakr i've been enjoying all of your maps and wish you the best of luck with the whole viPrayer deal :)

I'm just a DayZ player/Serveradmin, But, even I have booted up vanilla arma2oa just to see your other work/maps :D

I sent you a PM - please respond so we can figure this out.

Hello Everyone,

It has come to my attention that there has been a major miss understanding with the use of Panthera Island.

I am extremely sorry for the type of use and did not fully realize the potential of these problems when releasing Panthera Island (DayZ Version).

We however have made no modifications to the Island package what so ever, everything has been added within other modifications.

All that has been done is resigning the Island package to ensure that everyone is running the correct version of the map so when they connect their signs are verified against the server keys.

I have looked through the readme file and verified that the copyrights are at the bottom, i am again very sorry for missing this and will start communications with Icebreakr as soon as possible to clear up this situation.

Please fully understand that we did not release this modification of DayZ for commercial use and it is being released for public use however, we have halted all releases of Panthera Island (server side) until we come to a conclusion on this issue.

Also just to make one valid point,

Lingor Island has been a DayZ modification for quite awhile yet i see no dispute about that map as of yet.

The same copyrights are at the bottom of the readme file, may i suggest that you contact them as well.

Lingor Island is also very highly used, much more than Panthera island.

I would just like to mention that i am very thankful for everyone input on this.

If anyone would like to contact me, please add me to skype on the following username.

Lee.netarus

Best Regards,

Lee

Hello Everyone,

It has come to my attention that there has been a major miss understanding with the use of Panthera Island.

I am extremely sorry for the type of use and did not fully realize the potential of these problems when releasing Panthera Island (DayZ Version).

We however have made no modifications to the Island package what so ever, everything has been added within other modifications.

All that has been done is resigning the Island package to ensure that everyone is running the correct version of the map so when they connect their signs are verified against the server keys.

I have looked through the readme file and verified that the copyrights are at the bottom, i am again very sorry for missing this and will start communications with Icebreakr as soon as possible to clear up this situation.

Please fully understand that we did not release this modification of DayZ for commercial use and it is being released for public use however, we have halted all releases of Panthera Island (server side) until we come to a conclusion on this issue.

Also just to make one valid point,

Lingor Island has been a DayZ modification for quite awhile yet i see no dispute about that map as of yet.

The same copyrights are at the bottom of the readme file, may i suggest that you contact them as well.

Lingor Island is also very highly used, much more than Panthera island.

I would just like to mention that i am very thankful for everyone input on this.

If anyone would like to contact me, please add me to skype on the following username.

Lee.netarus

Best Regards,

Lee

So when asked from the server code and your reply was "We are not releasing the DayZPanthera or any other server code as they contain proprietary information, thank you for your offer anyways."

Care to elaborate, as it dosnt sit right with what your saying above. You obviously knew what you was doing, especialy with doing it and restricting the maps to your hosted servers

Essentially what vilayer do is take someone elses work, give no credit or anything, then rebrand it as their own and then, put their version into things like dayzcommander.. and the people with the real versions get "bad version" and can't play, LOL.

At least lingor has one version... that everyone can play.. created by one person..

Then you charge people for a server with your version on it.. pretty lame.

Oh well, i'll stick to real versions, not the copy n paste kiddy ones!

resigning peoples work, lame.

Edited by humbleuk

So when asked from the server code and your reply was "We are not releasing the DayZPanthera or any other server code as they contain proprietary information, thank you for your offer anyways."

Care to elaborate, as it dosnt sit right with what your saying above. You obviously knew what you was doing, especialy with doing it and restricting the maps to your hosted servers

Hello Audio,

I did not send that reply to you however it may have been one of the staff members at Vilayer.

The reason as to why we are not releasing the server side code and it is because it contains the database password to the main hive system.

If i was to release it can i trust that no one would access it "no" .

I am however releasing the server code with the keys for people to host private versions of the mod on a private hive very soon.

This will take some time as i am trying to gather everything in one place for people to gain updates and one steady stream of files for people to use.

I am more than willing to give the files to anyone however if i was to do that there would be version on the net that may be out of date etc...

All i am trying to do here is make the community happy and i am will to do anything to make sure that happens.

If you want to speak with me further please contact me on Skype lee.netarus

Best Regards,

Lee

And how dare you re-sign something that isn't yours ?