Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

not sure where to place issues about the crocodile -

i know its still beta so this is what i have noticed.

he looks brilliant when he comes at you from under the water - scared the shit out of me even though its not even real lol.

he did tend to float with the waves though which dint look as good - would be better if he is unseen if he is going to bob in the water - make him stick to ground instead.

after he strikes he seems to get stuck and jump out of water - like when you glitch on a rock in OA - he seems to be stuck on your dead body

is there a thread for croc discussion?

tested these crocs in the deeper water - definitely seem better there :) not good in the shallows.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

not sure where to place issues about the crocodile -

i know its still beta so this is what i have noticed.

he looks brilliant when he comes at you from under the water - scared the shit out of me even though its not even real lol.

he did tend to float with the waves though which dint look as good - would be better if he is unseen if he is going to bob in the water - make him stick to ground instead.

after he strikes he seems to get stuck and jump out of water - like when you glitch on a rock in OA - he seems to be stuck on your dead body

is there a thread for croc discussion?

tested these crocs in the deeper water - definitely seem better there :) not good in the shallows.

Here you go: Crocodile Addon

Everything related to its animations, is still very experimental.

Not enough time to come up with an entire crocodile animation framework.

Just had a look at it, very nice work on the terrain, can actually use terrain as cover unlike most islands. It would be nice to also see some more non-tree objects that can be used as cover, though (ex: Rocks of various sizes), to make things even more awesome.

Rebels looking great. :) Can't wait for them and the rest to be released.

My brother & me have played Insurgency[TGW] for Lingor yesterday. Wow, what an atmosphere.

Only thing that bugged us a bit was the fact we got negative scores as if we were shooting friendlies. :P

)rStrangelove;1799176']My brother & me have played Insurgency[TGW] for Lingor yesterday. Wow' date=' what an atmosphere.

Only thing that bugged us a bit was the fact we got negative scores as if we were shooting friendlies. :P[/quote']

yo dude, i had that issue too, reported that to a tgw guy..should be fixed now..u can also try domination on that server and gossamers warfare 3.0 , i looked into available missions yesterday 'cause i wanted to do insurgency , so you have ins, dom and warfare..all ported ones, so i guess there could be a bug here and there, but enough to kick some ass on THIS AWESOME ISLAND..i think we should all go to mr. breakr's page and donate him some cash..i don't wanna be responsible , if he loses his girlfriend :)

i looked into available missions yesterday 'cause i wanted to do insurgency , so you have ins, dom and warfare..all ported ones, so i guess there could be a bug here and there, but enough to kick some ass on THIS AWESOME ISLAND.

Great news! Will reconnect to get latest Insurgency version then. :)

)rStrangelove;1799305']Great news! Will reconnect to get latest Insurgency version then. :)

Yeah, and check your PM ;)

yo dude, i had that issue too, reported that to a tgw guy..should be fixed now..u can also try domination on that server and gossamers warfare 3.0

That issue was fixed. I did that port/edit and I always make stupid mistakes. :o

Big thanks to pogoman for helping with some other goofy things I did.

GossamerS is still working out some kinks with Gossamers Warfare so if you find any bugs/issues/whatever jump on our Ventrilo or website (thegamewardens.net) and let us know, please.

I'd use the troops from Duala tbh, they fit quite nicely.

@Icebreaker: I'm stil puzzled how the hell you managed to make a dense jungle island run like this? I mean it runs with high fps all the time, no lags, nothing.

I wish Takistan/Zarkabad would run like this. And in Takistan we dont have jungle. Amazing :)

Outstanding island, as usual Icebreakr! Noticed the tides are active as it is on duala. Seems a 6 hour rotation starting with low tide at approx 0700 / high at 1300. Just thought I'd point this out for mission makers fyi. Thanks once again for a fantastic battle space!

SiC-Disaster: hm hm, I'm trying to finish the pack, but damn it takes time... give a day or two, okay?

Did you see this PR by ION? Funny shit ;)

http://www.ion-inc.com/press/

Hahaha that's awesome of BIS.

Should you get a job with them. :D

Hi, *Icebreakr, have you added any power station to lingor, that if you destroy it... an area of street lamps get's shutdown using a game's logic?; because i'd miss something like that into Duala, where there isn't any apparent power source supplying the light to the street lamps. Let's C ya

wipman: There is one power station in the central region supplying the main town of Maruko with power. Cable crosses the hill, river and then cuts through the forest all the way to the control station NW of town.

Release the MiG-21 already.

You cant just put it in your signature like "Hey you see that MiG down there? Its cool isnt it! You want it? Yeah you know what, you still cant have it!"

Release the MiG-21 already.

You cant just put it in your signature like "Hey you see that MiG down there? Its cool isnt it! You want it? Yeah you know what, you still cant have it!"

He can do whatever the hell he wants man. He can make a series of 500 screenshots showing every inch of it to taunt you all, keep it where the only people who have it are his group and Task Force Lion if he wanted and there isn't a damn thing you could do about.

Unfounded sense of entitlement much?

@Icebreakr - ignore this fool. This is just more proof that Vilas' words are true. (Check my signature)

@Altimeter - I think I will change my signature to include the PRACS F/A-18, Super Etendard, Su-24, SA-8, M113 series, trucks, and everything else we have, including the Mig-21. We have been testing our addons since 2009. People like you have already ruined several addons for the community including the PRACS F/A-18. Because of... numbskulls like you who demanded it be released, and sent death threats demanding it be released now, and "in a USN skin not the crappy RACS skins".

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

SiC-Disaster: hm hm, I'm trying to finish the pack, but damn it takes time... give a day or two, okay?

Did you see this PR by ION? Funny shit ;)

http://www.ion-inc.com/press/

No rush mate, just wondering about an ETA is all :)

And that is damn cool! :cool:

He can do whatever the hell he wants man. He can make a series of 500 screenshots showing every inch of it to taunt you all, keep it where the only people who have it are his group and Task Force Lion if he wanted and there isn't a damn thing you could do about.

Unfounded sense of entitlement much?

@Icebreakr - ignore this fool. This is just more proof that Vilas' words are true. (Check my signature)

@Altimeter - I think I will change my signature to include the PRACS F/A-18, Super Etendard, Su-24, SA-8, M113 series, trucks, and everything else we have, including the Mig-21. We have been testing our addons since 2009. People like you have already ruined several addons for the community including the PRACS F/A-18. Because of... numbskulls like you who demanded it be released, and sent death threats demanding it be released now, and "in a USN skin not the crappy RACS skins".

Even without the AVGN-reference my post should have been easily recognizable as irony. So, thats one "numbskull" right back to you :D

Oh and all the addons you are so proud of: They were made by wld not you. You are just a leech.

Altimere maybe you should have made the comment more recognizable as a hint to the "Angry Video Game Nerd", because now you have upset the litte ragemonkey here:

...RAGE RAGE RAGE...

Yeah yeah, calm down it was a joke. And as far as I know wld427 did at least all the planes you are referring to, so it has nothing to do with your accomplishments :rolleyes:

Edited by Zardok