Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Yesterday, 06:39 AM

Exactly in day when I had a business trip... Hehe my luck.

But, I tested it today and it is - perfect. I think this map shows how much hard work and time you put into it and I am just another person who wants to thank you for it. Amazing job, best wishes from me.

(Special thanks also goes to all those who helped you in creating this amazing island, and additional amazing stuff).

Btw: I tested it with the infection module created by Charon with 700 civs scattered over all island and then infected. When on Chernarous it is immposible, on duala 500 infected is a considerable lag and here it was "nice performance"- so the optimization is great.

Island looks also like 1.5 or higher beacuse I didn't find any bug during few hours of play and everything looks polished to maximum. Great work.

Edited by W0lle
Please do not quote images

LINGOR = AWESOME!!!!!! :yay:

We as a community are very lucky when people like icebreaker and others go to all this trouble to create maps,addons and mods that so many of us enjoy for HOURS on end free of charge. So thank you Icebreaker and all those who contributed to this island both technically and conceptually.

THANK YOU !!! :D

this is such a ridiculous generalisation - there are over 3500 species of grass and you have decided that all tropical grasses are really vivid light green.

Wow, what a thing to get fired up about. Sorry I offended your grass loving sensibilities by omitting the word "often" .

Many plants in the tropics use C4 photosynthesis and are actually lighter green because they are more efficient at it and don't need to pack so much chlorophyll in. I live in the subtropics and one of the things that struck me when I moved here was how bright green the lawns are compared to the darker green lawns further south.

Hi Bigpickle,

Read my post on the previous page, i have tried with several mods and next with Lingor mod ALONE, i have got freezing in both cases.

Regards

;)

Damn dunno then, I use ArmA II launcher by alpine stars, and haven't had any crashes. Maybe try launching with that but it probably wont help though if its BIS patch related. :(

#Edit# I just thought I haven't updated to the latest patch cos my clan hasn't yet, so maybe that's why I haven't had crashes.

Edited by Bigpickle

Damn dunno then, I use ArmA II launcher by alpine stars, and haven't had any crashes. Maybe try launching with that but it probably wont help though if its BIS patch related. :(

#Edit# I just thought I haven't updated to the latest patch cos my clan hasn't yet, so maybe that's why I haven't had crashes.

I use ArmA II launcher by alpine stars too.

But i think too that the last patch 1.55 is (no idea how and why) guilty.

So I'm stuck on step VI of the ancient riddle, damnit! :confused:

Great island Icebreakr, also shouldn't this thread be moved to the complete section or something?

I'd say keep the darker grass, it looks amazing to me. If you do lighten it, only do it a tiny bit. Overly green grass will just look fake.

@Raserisk- Icebreakr is right, you might wanna upgrade your computer. Lingor runs better than most maps of that size, it runs even better than Takistan! Icebreakr and Berghoff did an amazing job at optimizing the vegetation....I remember the first beta of Lingor. :p

I gotta agree, I think the grass looks great, a little greener might be cool but I don't think it would matter too much either.

I know this is a little of topic sort of, but where should I look for missions and MP game types for this Island? I got one posted on here on earlier pages which is pretty cool, but I'm really looking for a Domination or Warfare.

A new beta patch has arrived dealing with flicker and LOD etc and seems to be ok on my system:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110469

Maybe people with issues and performance and crashes might test it out and report back in that thread and here for this map?

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

EDIT:

Also to report it did seem like I had environment pbo soundmod clashes. I use VOP gear sounds (feet and walking surfaces) and even though I removed actual environmental soundmod so no actually overlaps with sound ambience mods, and set this islands pbo higher priority, having walking and foot sounds from VOP kills all crickets and main atmos loop jungle effect.

Strange becuase surface and feet aren't dealing with ambient sounds and birds, and yet removing VOP surface and walking I noticed the sound pack for the island uses Vanilla walking sounds (which I hate with a passion :) ).

So I have resorted to wanting VOP surface and walking and loosing some main ambient loops, but other 1 shot bird effects still overlay nicely. I did notice one main bird ambience loops was driving me a little nuts with it going over and over, so kind of ok that it gets kicked out :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Great work IceBreakr, the island is amazing and I have great performance on it too! I have begun working on a campaign from the ARL point of view, I hope you will approve ;) I will use ARMA 2 insurgents and USMC as placeholders until the GAL and ARL troops are released. Great Work!

I was going to suggest you add billboards saying "Vote El Presidente", but then I noticed, you already have billboards saying "Vote El Presidente" :D

Awesome island, reminds me a lot of Tonal, except, this time, there actually is a riddle I spend years trying to decipher :p (up to #5 so far)

Simply amazing island IceBreakr. It's a wonder BIS hasn't hired you yet. :)

Thanks again to all involved.

Has anyone had any problems with ambient civilians not spawning?

I was was using OA 1.54 with patch 75666 applied and plenty of (european) civilians were spawning via ALICE

Since updating today to 1.55 and applying patch 75666 or 76067 I have not seen a single civilian, in any town.

Tip about the riddle: after visiting the final rock check them again and write down the numbers that might help you in finding the secret of the riddle ;)

IceBreakr - very nice island indeed ,but i got weird "bug" with your Lingor sounds - when i load Takistan i hear the sounds from Lingor jungle and screaming monkeys etc what the hell :D

Can you fix it pls ? :p

GREAT island Ice. I just bought a new 1 gig video card and it was soo worth it. It looks great and runs great running it on all high and very high on a 47 inch monitor at 88% res. Pop an enviromental module on there and its heaven out of a vietnam movie. I second the request by RH. Monkeys in the pines at utes dosent fit. I also would like to offer a suggestion. Im not a zoologist by any means and im sure there are probably some birds that sing at night but I think if it were just the eerie noise of crickets alone it would feel more right. Also the sounds of the river are loud and sound like they belong more near a running stream in the mountains than a slow moving "amazon" type river. Love the monkeys tho ;)

I have to agree, the water is surprisingly loud. Maybe a slower moving, quiter sound could be found to replace it? If not I would suggest making it just a bit quieter.

Also, for the life of me I can't get past the first rock.

Same issue with Nikiforos and RH. Still an amazing island, the best out there.

IceBreakr - very nice island indeed ,but i got weird "bug" with your Lingor sounds - when i load Takistan i hear the sounds from Lingor jungle and screaming monkeys etc what the hell :D

Can you fix it pls ? :p

Jungle sounds also in Chernarus