Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: A few questions

Hello, its great to be allowed to be here

Im still waiting for the authorization codes, but theres a few things im wondering...

How much information can we, who have oxygen, give out to public? Like can we tell other people (who do not have access here) what oxygen is like, how it works, screenshots, etc?

And do you, BIS, have any wishes on what we should and what we should not do with the tools?

Chief Warrant Officer Antichrist's Avatar
    Damn I saw that post after I posted my questions
    Just disregard them

3.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #3
    I think it was pretty clearly stated in the licensing agreement you signed. Basically, you're not allowed to give any information concerning the tools to the public so for example we don't think it's a good idea to post screenshots from Oxygen or to start discussing the tools on public forums.

We have only one wish concerning your use of the tools: that Operation Flashpoint gamers around the world will have some more great models and units soon.
    Marek Spanel - CEO www.bistudio.com

Well another question then!
    It clearly says ModMaker in my group
    Won't it kinda give it away to other people on forum?

okay, I understand that so far Maruk. But do you want us to check back with you before releasing new addons??

Because when releasing new models everyone in the community will notice that we have the tools anyway

So, if I'm right, if we finish a model or unit, we first have to contact you guys, and you will release it as an addon if approved??
    In Sanguine Vinum

7.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #7
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VipHeart @ April 24 2002,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">okay, I understand that so far Maruk. But do you want us to check back with you before releasing new addons??

Because when releasing new models everyone in the community will notice that we have the tools anyway [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Exactly&#33; I think the best way how to tell people you have to tools is to create a model for them. But there&#39;s no point in saying: "Look, I have Oxygen and you don&#39;t. Look how good I am."

Sure, after releasing your new addon for the game people may guess you probably have Oxygen but what&#39;s wrong on it?

What about my question about ModMaker group?
    Won&#39;t people get suspicious when they see it in forums or is it only visible for the ModMakers?

9.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #9
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Anaconda @ April 24 2002,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, if I&#39;m right, if we finish a model or unit, we first have to contact you guys, and you will release it as an addon if approved??[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No, this is not correct. There&#39;s no restriction in distributing units created in Oxygen as along as they&#39;re available to the community for free. So just release any new units if you want and if you&#39;re convinced it&#39;s finished and good enough to be released.

10.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #10
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about my question about ModMaker group?
    Won&#39;t people get suspicious when they see it in forums or is it only visible for the ModMakers?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I am not sure I undestand what you mean by "ModMakers group". If you mean "Breathe forum section". the answer is pretty easy. It was created at the beginning of April, as you can see by dates of some posts. Did you notice its existence before it was "opened" now and you were given access rights to it?
    Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast