PDA

View Full Version : Making My man

TrevorOfCrete
Dec 12 2005, 22:28
hey

how do i make a guy either stand or kneel and stay like that so he wont lay down when shot at etc.. but also to shootback. cheers

tankieboy
Dec 12 2005, 23:00
F2, 7, 5.

Sniperwolf572
Dec 12 2005, 23:23
Only standing:
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NameOfTheUnit setunitpos &#34;up&#34;[/QUOTE]

Not moving:
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NameOfTheUnit disableAI &#34;move&#34;[/QUOTE]

Trapper
Dec 12 2005, 23:25
Write this setunitpos "UP" in the units init line.

stainer
Dec 17 2005, 14:32
To get a unit to kneel type this into their init line:
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setunitpos &#34;up&#34;; this setbehaviour &#34;stealth&#34;; this switchmove &#34;crouch&#34;[/QUOTE]

snipman
Dec 21 2005, 21:51
Not moving:
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NameOfTheUnit disableAI &#34;move&#34;[/QUOTE]
when you posted "Not Moved" does that apply all game ? like if i placed a waypoint to join will it move when i command it to? or will he have move disable all map?

Wadmann
Dec 21 2005, 23:36
Quote[/b] ]when you posted "Not Moved" does that apply all game ?

Yes, the unit will not be able to move on their own for the rest of the game. Although I have not tried it, it is possible to setpos the unit elsewhere during the game. If you do use this command, you could use the enableAI funtion (http://www.ofpec.com/editors/funcref.php?letter=E#enableAI) to allow the unit to move again (or you can enable units AI just by saving the game).

I usually use the  doStop (http://www.ofpec.com/editors/comref.php?letter=D#doStop) command instead of disableAI. Although not quite as effective, it works well enough for me in the appropriate mission situation.

Wadmann