View Full Version : Regarding Dedicated Server
Oct 5 2011, 19:19
Managed to start a dedicated server with the -server switch but can't access any usermade missions. Tried making a MPMissions folder in the main folder aswell and put it there to no avail.
Have any one managed to load usermade mission with the dedicated server? Is this a bug in the beta?
Oct 5 2011, 19:26
I have the same experience. I can build a multiplayer map, but the dedicated server doesn't seem to read the MPMissions folder containing it.
Oct 5 2011, 20:44
Did you try to use -profiles?
Oct 5 2011, 21:19
Did you try to use -profiles?
I tried. No missions were loaded :(
Oct 5 2011, 22:21
I've used processmonitor from sysinternals to trace file access, and no access to any MPMissions folder is showing, regardless of -profiles usage.
It's being accessed when you host a game yourself, showing the map or maps made.
Oct 6 2011, 11:09
I've found a work around for now to be able to run your own missions on a dedicated server:
1. Edit your mission. Action needed to create a MP mission is described here (http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2032730&postcount=7)
2. Create an MPMissions folder in your TKOH game folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\MPMissions
3. Place the complete unpacked mission in the game folder's MPMissions, e.g. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\MPMissions\Multiplayer_test_map.United_States_H (the unpacked mission should at least contain a mission.sqm or mission.biedi).
4. Create a server config file (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg) in your game's folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\server.cfg) which contains at least a class Missions part as follows:
template = Multiplayer_test_map.United_States_H;
cadetmode = 0;
5. Fire up your dedicated server with a shortcut containing the command line option to use the server.cfg you've just made, e.g. "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\TakeOnH.exe" -server -config=server.cfg
6. Connect and enjoy your self made mission on the dedicated server :)
Add more missions to the class Missions to rotate through them. Example found here (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#ArmA).
Oct 6 2011, 12:50
Nice work HitmanFF!
Oct 6 2011, 15:36
Much appreciated Hitman :)
---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------
Did anyone come across an issue with 'deleted content' while running a dedicated server with a usermade mission? (as described above by Hitman)
So it complains about "hsim_characters_h"...hmm :confused:
My mission is 100% TOH vanilla and it runs fine when hosting a non-dedicated server.
To be clear, I can still play the mission on the dedi server but there are no map markers and the 'briefing.sqf' doesn't seem to be read either (no "Notes" or "Tasks" appearing, but they do work on non-dedi).
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.