View Full Version : INTRODUCING - ARMA: Cold War Assault: Update 1.99
Jun 22 2011, 17:47
To celebrate the 10 year anniversary, we're delighted to reawaken a sleeping giant, updated in a new coat!
The official announcement is due for tomorrow but we wanted to introduce this to our community first.
Arma: Cold War Assault 1.99 is an update to the original Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis* as developed by us 10 long years ago.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: This game was originally sold and known as Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance or Operation Flashpoint: Game of the Year Edition*. Users of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Operation Flashpoint: GOTY are allowed to freely update to Arma: Cold War Assault as long as they agree with the end user license as in the manual and shown during the setup.
First mirrors in 3rd post of this thread!
This update is for your original installation of Operation Flashpoint which will be updated to version 1.99 for more information and further download mirrors please read its wiki page (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma:_Cold_War_Assault) to discuss this update please go to this forum thread (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=121121).
Please also read a 10th anniversary letter to the community (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1962610#post1962610) from our CEO Marek Spanel.
*thanks to Dallas for the awesome piccy!
Jun 23 2011, 14:36
Bohemia Interactive announces the rebirth of a Legend - Arma: Cold War Assault
Prague, Czech Republic, June 23, 2011 - Bohemia Interactive, the independent game development studio, is delighted to reawaken a sleeping giant! Its revolutionary award-winning game, originally released by British publisher Codemasters in June 2001 as Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, is now discontinued. From now on, this legendary PC game will be available only under a new title Arma: Cold War Assault. This new release also includes the Resistance expansion pack, originally released in 2002 as Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.
All existing users of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and the Game of the Year Edition are entitled to download and install Arma: Cold War Assault at no charge. The game will also be released through various online stores in the near future. The award-winning game Arma: Cold War Assault was created by Bohemia Interactive in 1997-2001 and won dozens of Game of the Year awards as well as universal acclaim for its open military simulation. Bohemia also provided the gaming community with a complete set of editing tools and on-going support that turned the game into one of the most modded PC games ever with thousands of different user modifications freely available on the Internet.
"After all these years of continuous support and improvements we are delighted to be able to unite our lineup of military simulators for PC under the Arma brand," says Marek Spanel, CEO of Bohemia Interactive. "This step will not only avoid potential confusion amongst users and the wider gaming public, but it will also preserve what is now a classic PC game for years to come as it could no longer be available under its original name."
This launch is part of a celebration of 10 years of Bohemia Interactive's series of PC mil-sim games, during which more exciting releases will be made in the coming days and weeks ahead.
To learn more about Bohemia Interactive's milsim games please visit the official website at www.bistudio.com
Follow Bohemia Interactive on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube to get all the latest information about their games:
Jun 23 2011, 19:55
version 2 is now deprecated, updating mirrors with v3
New #2 version of ARMA 2: Cold War Assault 1.99 released
HTTP (full installer, 540MB)
* Multiupload: http://www.multiupload.com/NJBZDJ7KMZ (http://www.multiupload.com/NJBZDJ7KMZ) (5 mirrors)
* Basecamp-allstars.de: http://downloads.basecamp-allstars.de/Downloads/CWA.zip
* Whisper http://22.214.171.124/Bohemia/auto/CWA.zip
* ArmedAsssault.eu http://download.armedassault.eu/OperationFlashpoint/CWA.zip
* Torrent: http://torrage.com/torrent/5B0D839B83898CB8A12EA2746E1937DD0B4D5328.torrent (http://torrage.com/torrent/5B0D839B83898CB8A12EA2746E1937DD0B4D5328.torrent)
* Torrent (Magnet): magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5B0D839B83898CB8A12EA2746E1937DD0B4D5328&dn=CWA.zip&tr=udp%3a//tracker.publicbt.com%3a80/announce&tr=http%3a//tracker.publicbt.com%3a80/announce
HTTP Manual hotfix #2 for both versions of full installers (100kB):
* Multiupload: http://www.multiupload.com/X88BCWXPTA (9 mirrors)
* GameFront: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20476399/CWA_hotfix2.7z
We have just outdone ourselves, that is true celebration:yay:
CWA.zip , version 3
* Megaupload: http://www.multiupload.com/T2EC5DLQV0
* Dao.nu: http://fs.dao.nu/ArmA/CWA.zip (http://fs.dao.nu/ArmA/CWA.zip)
* OFPR.info ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/patches/CWA.zip
* Kamran.cc http://kamran.cc/ARMA2/CWA.zip
* Red Hammer Studios: http://126.96.36.199/cwa/CWA.zip (http://188.8.131.52/cwa/CWA.zip) (100mbit in germany, server by TeamSPAFF - Sekra - Red Hammer Studios)
full installer now with readme :) ...
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.