View Full Version : ArmA 3 - Wish List
Apr 9 2011, 18:32
Hey all, just wondering on what you would like to be added for the future release of ArmA 3.
Anything your not happy about? they missed your nations army ingame? what improvements could be done?
something more needs to be added ingame which isnt in it now? or maybe even a new engine something like the CryEngine3.
So come on fellas, make your wishes and start posting. :cool:
[have your say here and please stick to the topic]
*RealTime Immersive Inc is a very good reason to change the engine, besides for ArmA3 they will
need to go 1 or more steps further to bring it up to date anyways!
Character Example Short (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoXZMudSxX4)
Technology Demonstration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V396uuiAsU&feature=related)
For more info on this and more pics/videos
you can check out there website here (http://www.rt-immersive.com/).
Firstly campaign has to be amazing.
-Visible vehicle damage
-More realistic driving physics, more fluid suspension with better visuals
By realistic I mean, when you drive a car on road or especially offroad it should look and feel somewhat like a real car, no need for a racing sim. Something like GTA 4 but adopted for world of arma which is quite different to NYC.
-AI helicopter land command
-AI driver use road only command
-Same kind of movement as in ArmA 2, with all the transitions and reactions polished to accomplish somewhat precise and enjoyable, yet "realistic" behaviour.
-A warfare like mission, where commander plays a strategy game. :)
-Selectable skin for whole arma (green, white, yellow...)
-Customizable HUD (different colour, crosshair style and colour, information positions)
-Default weapons not sounding like airsoft... AK, Scar... (not asking for BF sound)
More options in editor, like:
-Loadout sub menu
-Placable templates, for bases, outposts and such
-Better scaling of markers for objects in editor
-In-Editor tools like fence builder
-Buildings/Objects placed horizontaly on small slopes
-More templates of missions (modes) and useful scripts
Well I like the game a LOT already so it's only some little things. The main thing I am disappointed with, is the lack of interesting multiplayer matches, which I think may be the players fault? I find the insurgency thing to be a bit messy and people tend to all just join one team which is boring. Then there is a kind of warfare mode (I forgot the name) which I find to be too slow. You have to drive massive distances in very slow vehicles and you have to upgrade your rank and then when you finally get the good stuff, you can't use it how you want. For example you can't just jump in a Black Hawk and fill it with your guys and fly away. They can only be used for recovering wrecks or something. Basically restrictions and rules galore. Very stuffy atmosphere.
The only one I really play is Capture The Island which I think is really good. I love it in fact, but it can get a bit tiresome when I play nothing else but that. I wish people would make more missions of their own, even little ones that only last 20 minutes or something. I used to make them when I used to play the demo, and I had some great matches with random people. I don't see that very much in the full game, at least not with a good ping. So that's my main wish... Somehow make multiplayer more exciting. Don't be scared of silly fun things like capture the flag game modes (or especially Team Fortress). It would work great even in a game like this. Besides that, here is my general wishlist and suggestions:
1) All cutscenes skippable.
2) The ability to load a savegame from within the game. For example if I get shot in a single player mission, I should be able to just load an earlier savegame instead of waiting for the medic to come and find me.
3) Get rid of words like "Revert" and "Suspend". Use the normal, standard, gaming terminology in the menus. It needs to say, "Save, Load, Restart, and Save & Exit." Also change "Receiving" to "Loading". Also if you press escape and the menu appears, if you press escape again, the menu should close. Sometimes I press escape by mistake and then press escape again and it saves and quits the game! Also, restarting the mission should not delete all the save games.
4) Have a better single player campaign with less bugs. Maybe make it less elaborate? Give me a few days and I could make a bunch of missions better than the Arma 2 campaign. Also the campaign really needs to use all the key features of your game, in the single player campaign. If you can drive tanks, choppers, jet fighters, motorbikes, and fire rocket launchers, etc.. then have either entire missions or parts of missions that involve the player doing all these things. OA did a far better job of this than the original campaign, but even that has lots of room for improvement.
5) In single player / campaign, focus a bit more on switching team members. This is one of my favourite features! But it wasn't used very much. It reminds me of classic old games like Hidden & Dangerous and even party based RPG games. So the player approaches an enemy compound in camo gear. The player then switches to a scout who sneaks inside the compound and carefully plants some explosives without being seen. Before he can return to the squad, a guard goes for a cigarette break and near where your guy needs to escape. So you switch to your sniper who takes out the smoker. But the shot was heard, and the compound becomes alive with men rushing around looking for you. You quickly run your scout back to the party, and then as the enemy charges at you with trucks and bad guys, you switch to your heavy weapons specialist and use rocket launchers and tripod mounted machine guns to "go ape" on them.
6) Let us bind 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th button mice buttons to various things in the game, without having to resort to hotkeys/macros.
7) Let us have reverse controls when in aircraft, but not in vehicles / on foot.
8> Make AI a bit more realistic. It's frustrating to get shot by a rag tag AI from 500 metres away, through the branches of several trees, when I'm laying prone in grass, and I'm behind a tree trunk with only a few inches of my body peeking out the side. Also they seem a bit too good at spotting people. Often when I approach and I'm sneaking through the bushes at 700+ metres away, they will spot me and start shooting. Often it seems almost impossible to infiltrate an area silently, but maybe that's just in the CTI game mode I usually play.
9) Provide an "Enemy spotted" command to the comms menu, and have it figure out the direction based on wherever the player is looking. This is mainly for single player, but could maybe be used in multiplayer too. So I do space, scroll down to "Enemy sighted!", and it automatically says, "12 O'Clock" or whatever direction.
10) Provide a way for players to make missions and campaigns, to then be validated somehow by the game, and then uploaded and shared with other players to download, all done from within the game. That would be really nice.
11) Come up with some clever trickery for the AI to help it on big single player missions. Currently the game is slowed down terribly by all the AI. Many of them are units that don't really do anything, they are just there to make the situation look more real. For these units, (vehicles mainly), I wonder if they could be given basic waypoints to follow, without the AI actually being active, or perhaps even without there being a character in the vehicle at all. eg: If a chopper flies overhead, it looks cool but you wouldn't even know that there was no pilot.
12) In addition to number 1, I wonder if it would be possible to have all, except mission criticial AI, activate and de-activate based on the player's distance. So units that are say 7000 metres away or more, could be completely deactivated like a dummy, until the player gets within their general vicinity, and then their AI is activated and they can start patrolling/chatting/ and doing whatever they should be doing. Maybe the game has something like this already, I don't know.
13) Improve texture loading and pop up (this is particularly bad on buildings). I also wonder if the engine could be improved to look better and load areas as you get near, rather than loading so much stuff around you. There is a game called Vanguard: Saga of Heroes which does a great job of this. The devs should check it out. It has a slight pause as you go load in to zones/areas/chunks, but this was not intentional. The game had financial problems and was rushed to release, and if they had more time, I think they would have achieved a completely seamless world but with great graphics and long distance views.
BF3 engines (frostbite/ant/mirrors edge one) would be great for arma3
i think better destruction is whats missing
ant, dice has used to make very fluid movements, would be a nice add
Apr 9 2011, 21:29
my wish for arma 3. dont make it for another 5-8 years!
Apr 9 2011, 21:44
why is all asking BIS to get some other engine while they have their own VirtualEngine3, they know what they made and how to improve it.they dont need other engines...
Apr 9 2011, 22:13
my wish for arma 3. dont make it for another 5-8 years!
I also hope BIS stay with their own engine. Also keep the editor commands as same and allow using previous maps in ArmA3. More/less upgraded features with at least 20 mission campaign would be great. Less motion capture cutscenes, more evolving missions with increasing difficulty and playtime. OFP campaigns were so great, if the US campaign is requirement for better sales, I still like to see some resistance style missions in with low resources. Maybe to start the campaign with 10 moody survival missions then turn into large scale war with air/tank support, but still keeping the basic infantry as main part.
maybe even a new engine something like the CryEngine3.
*RealTime Immersive Inc is a very good reason to change the engine
Boring, thats what you people are...
A thread on this subject already exists: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92161
Please use it instead.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.