PDA

View Full Version : ArmA II / OA Installation problems

Pages : 1 [2]

TampaPowers
Feb 16 2012, 22:49
I got OA gifted from a friend on gamersgate.
I had Arma II on DVD for some time now. I downloaded OA and i manage to install Arma II plus the 1.07 Patch just fine. When trying to install OA i get an error telling me that a CRC did not match for file mics3.pbo.bi.bisign
I looked up a couple of topics about this CRC errors, but none helped me so far. Most said about returning the DVD, but re-downloading the 7,5gb takes me about 18 Hours. I want to avoid that.
What can i do?

MavericK96
Feb 17 2012, 04:25
If the install files are corrupted I don't think there's much else you can do but re-download.

Gerwazy
Feb 17 2012, 15:52
I have got the same problem now. I uninstalled arma 2 and operation arrowhead to clean the game up. I install arma 2 and 1.09 patch and after that I install operation arrowhead from a standalone dvd but every time I do it my computer frezes at sound.pbo. I tried to extract that file from dvd but nothing works. I tried to install the game on a mobile hard drive on my second pc. It worked but my second pc is too old for arma and copying arma2oa installed on my mobile hard drive doesn't work. I've been playing this game for almost 2 years and I can't play it no more! Dammit! Do I realy have to buy another one arrowhead dvd? Maybe it will support bis XD What the hell is going on with my game??

BOSSMANSHEILD
Mar 1 2012, 04:20
Hope this is the correct place. BAF and PMC will not install
Had uninstalled all games with uninstall WIN7 utility do to a game crash. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2
I removed user profiles C:\Users\***name***\Documents\ArmA 2
Removed addons sixupdater etc.
Restarted computer.

I then installed arma2 Disk started game saved then exited.
did the same for arma2 OA disk no problems all ok.

I did the patches to 1.54 all ok then went to install BAF the software unpacks and an install screen starts but then crashes the same for PMC.

I carried on patching the BAF light doesnt install from patches has anyone got any ideas Ive reinstalled the dam game 8 times trying different things, I have made sure adminstrator was on and virus software off fire wall off. HELP please.
Could it be a registry file left behind preventing re installation? if so where would I look.
I have even bought 4 more copies of the baf and pmc from different locations with same error.

uzipaz
Mar 4 2012, 08:13
I have Arma2 1.11 and Arma2 OA 1.60 already installed and working as Combined Operations. I have just installed BAF and PMC only addons from the ArmA 2 Reinforcements DVD in my A2 OA folder. Now, after installation I applied the patch 1.60 again which I dowloading from the official ArmA 2 website. But as the setup comes down to update the setup, this error interrupts the update...

Error found in file PMC\Addons\dubbingradio_pmc.pbo (676c7914!=62c927dc)
Some error occurred during patch installation.
Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.
Error in file 1.02, phase 10.

I have download the patch twice, one from torrents and other today from the official Arma2 website, I have updated the Arma 2 and OA to 1.11 and 1.60, respectively from this patch but now can't update official addons.

Now, when I try to run the game, this error shows up

Failed to load file "e:\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 OA\PMC\addons\air_pmc.pbo" - decryption of headers failed.

Anyone? any ideas? what I am doing wrong here??

.kju [PvPscene]
Mar 4 2012, 10:23
So you installed only the DLC from RFT?

If so best to contact BI support/Dwarden.

It seems RFT has some issues working together with OA/CO, as one can read many people having such issues.

uzipaz
Mar 4 2012, 11:08
So you installed only the DLC from RFT?

Yes, only the DLCs, I already have Arma2,OA with 1.60 updated and working...

robtek
Mar 24 2012, 18:16
The error message in the title is what i still get after i had steam check my game files five times.
Each time a small file is downloaded but that obviously doesn't fix my problem.

I have a retail ArmA II and have bought the Arrowhead expansion on Steam.

My system is a Phenom II x6 T1100 on a Asus Crosshair IV Mainboard, 16 GB Corsair 1333 DDR3 Ram, the graphics card is a ATI HD6950 with 2GB VDDR5,
I have a 120 GB SSD system disk and 3 1TB samsung HD's in a RAID5, The OS is Win7/64 Ult. and my AV is Bitdefender.

Needless to say that ArmA II OA is the only Software which troubles me on this system, even Cliffs of Dover is running well.

Help please.

SOLVED!
I did a complete uninstall of ArmAII and OA and reinstalled OD per Steam -> it works now.

Ry_YNWA
Apr 2 2012, 02:30
Hey all. Just wondering, I've downloaded the free version and gone to install it (after unzipping) and it says it is missing a .dll file.

The error message that comes up is:
"This application failed to start because X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
-It says this every time (even after re-downloading).

The readme file says to re-install it and should be fine, but to no avail and instead, has the same issue. I tried a re-downloading too, but no.

Any idea?

froggyluv
Apr 2 2012, 04:45
Wait a second -did you download the Arma2Free or the Demo as I remember that error from the Demo?

Anyways, heres your fix at bottom of 1stpost:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?74668-ArmA2-Demo-Release-Today-2PM-GMT-3PM-CET-6-00-AM-PST&p=1327874&viewfull=1#post1327874

jackthe®ipper
Apr 9 2012, 23:25
Hi I have the steam version of operation arrowhead and am reinstalling my retail CD of arma 2 to have combined ops.
Is there is anywhere i can download arma 2 (can only find "arma 2 free" to download on google search) since my cd drive is broken, and I also don't know which arma 2 patches i need to install to get CO working.
Thanks in advance.

BOSSMANSHEILD
Apr 23 2012, 08:20
Win7 and Norton did some update yesterday evening. The game was working fine until 6pm and corrupted the Arma 2 / Oa Game Blocking access to Net etc.
Game would start then crash or let me load into online game then crash. Found Norton blocking access to game and servers saying it was a virus. Removed block still no good Removed the Norton Stuff with removal tool.
Reboot still crashing.
Un installed arma 2 and Arma oa
Re boot.
Fresh install Main drive c is not used for software all software installed to drive F.
Ran arma 2 saved game.
Installed Oa ran game saved ok
ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Patch 1.50-1.56 to 1.57 all good. Game runs ok.

Then downloaded fresh copy BAF from sprocket.
Then I open the BAF installer / zip file it unpacks then arma 2 baf image shows then crashes. Does the same for PMC.
I went through this before and cant remember the fix.
If someone can help would be great Im waiting for sprocket to reply as well.

Goldstrat
Apr 23 2012, 08:48
I have just bought Arma 2 Combined Operations & Arma 2 OA
The CD Key works for Arma 2 Combined Ops but asks for a different key on the OA CD? Where am I going wrong?
Many thanks.

BOSSMANSHEILD
Apr 23 2012, 09:18
Win7 and Norton did some update yesterday evening. The game was working fine until 6pm and corrupted the Arma 2 / Oa Game Blocking access to Net etc.
Game would start then crash or let me load into online game then crash. Found Norton blocking access to game and servers saying it was a virus. Removed block still no good Removed the Norton Stuff with removal tool.
Reboot still crashing.
Un installed arma 2 and Arma oa
Re boot.
Fresh install Main drive c is not used for software all software installed to drive F.
Ran arma 2 saved game.
Installed Oa ran game saved ok
ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Patch 1.50-1.56 to 1.57 all good. Game runs ok.

Then downloaded fresh copy BAF from sprocket.
Then I open the BAF installer / zip file it unpacks then arma 2 baf image shows then crashes. Does the same for PMC.
I went through this before and cant remember the fix.
If someone can help would be great Im waiting for sprocket to reply as well.

Günter Severloh
Apr 23 2012, 10:27
Sounds like alot going for you there BOSSMANSHEILD, phew you got me all tired just reading what you did, lol

But install goes like this:

1. install arma2
get ingame, then get out- (best way it to just hope in the sp editor for a quick shoot)
2. patch Arma2 to 1.05 (some say you dont need to do this as the 1.60 patch will do it) just do it worked for me lat time I reinstalled.
3. Install OA into Arma2 directory.
4. Patch game with latest patch which is 1.60
get ingame you should be good.
5. install the other DLCS
and it should run.

I dont have any of the other DLC's like PMC, or BAF, just the light versions you get with OA.

hope that helps.

ChemicalSociety
May 31 2012, 19:24
I have no problems running Arma 2, but when I try to run OA I first receive this error

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgIngameUI/MPTable.shadow'

then the screen goes black, like its about to load the game and I get this error:

"Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

Does anyone have any suggestions? I scoured this forum, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated.

armaadict41
Jun 2 2012, 21:04
Hello guys! I'm having ARMA 2 Reinforcements installation issues, I tried to uninstall ARMA but whenever i clicked the uninstall button nothing happened, eventually it gave the message ARMA 2 has been successfully uninstalled. But when I tried to reinstall it I get the message: File read error: D:/setup.dat.bisign and it quits any help?

officeape
Jun 5 2012, 02:08
I have no problems running Arma 2, but when I try to run OA I first receive this error

then the screen goes black, like its about to load the game and I get this error:

Does anyone have any suggestions? I scoured this forum, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I have this exact same problem. Exact.

Twisted_Deviant
Jun 6 2012, 23:38
I purchased a digital copy of this game today, but can't get it to work. I've tried downloading and deleting the client twice, but each time it says there's an error. I have Operation Arrowhead, which works fine, but the vanilla ARMA II will not work at all. Help?

hashishi
Jun 7 2012, 00:24

I too have this exact problem. Tried removing local content and re-downloading, still failing.

Suchros
Jun 7 2012, 10:29
Solution, I had exactly same problem ""No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgIngameUI/MPTable.shadow'" and "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133052-bin-config-bin-CfgInGameUI-MPTable-shadow-Problem-Please-Help-Me-Out&p=2128884&viewfull=1#post2128884

Now another problem, serial key, cont'd there I hope: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133052-bin-config-bin-CfgInGameUI-MPTable-shadow-Problem-Please-Help-Me-Out&p=2166541&viewfull=1#post2166541

SpennyG98
Jun 20 2012, 00:17
I am having some problems launching the game. It launches and says
Data File too short 'addons/anims.pbo'. Expected 650211804 B, got 446300160 B

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

I also downloaded it off steam.

bohe2314
Jun 26 2012, 01:35
I managed to figure out what files were corrupt on my arma 2 folder. I unzipped every .gz file into separate folders manually using winrar and checking to see it could finish uncompressing. Now I'm missing a few files from Operation Arrowhead, and I'm not sure which ones. I got to 80% of the installation and it stopped at this directory:
ArmA 2- Operation Arrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Expansion\Addons\structures_e.pbo

I downloaded this from amazon, so I don't think I have sprocket.exe to verify my downloads

deadxdying
Jun 27 2012, 16:37
So I just bought ArmAII and OA via Steam, while ArmAII works fine, when ever I trying run OA, right before to game boots up i get this error (No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow') I press ok and it starts booting up but then i get this ( Errpe compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0) then the game crashes. I have redownloaded it 4 times and i still get the same problem. Its not my computers fault, im running a customized Alienware M14x gaming laptop with the works. I've played both portal games, deadspace2, and WoW(this the highest graphics option) and they run fine.

This stresses me out because idk what to do. I payed $30 for an incomplete file. it like buying a car and they don't give you the engine.

Help please, I guessing i'm going to need to copy paste the file manually because Steam is to retarded to give it to me

ProfTournesol
Jun 27 2012, 16:42
So I just bought ArmAII and OA via Steam, while ArmAII works fine, when ever I trying run OA, right before to game boots up i get this error (No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow') I press ok and it starts booting up but then i get this ( Errpe compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0) then the game crashes. I have redownloaded it 4 times and i still get the same problem. Its not my computers fault, im running a customized Alienware M14x gaming laptop with the works. I've played both portal games, deadspace2, and WoW(this the highest graphics option) and they run fine.

This stresses me out because idk what to do. I payed $30 for an incomplete file. it like buying a car and they don't give you the engine.

Help please, I guessing i'm going to need to copy paste the file manually because Steam is to retarded to give it to me

Please use the search engine, it has been answered a zillion of times.

sonanth
Jul 7 2012, 13:49
I just bought the retail CO from the bistore yesterday. Spent all night downloading A2, go to install this morning, put in key, then get an read file error saying that Battleye.exe is missing.

Google hasn't turned up results, and searching brings up everything else. What do I do?

ETA: I believe I fixed it. I had left the sprocket downloader open. Once I hit stop and closed it, I was able to finish installation.

jman
Jul 8 2012, 15:09
Downloaded OA from the Bis store. When I try to install I get an error Message that says "file read error: C:\Users\Jman\Documents\ARMA2Patch_1_09.exe.xz"

On the setup window it says "source: C:\Users\Jman\Documents\ARMA2Patch_1_09.exe.xz"

Am I missing something? This file does not exist. Is it coming from the OA install? Do I need to download something else oris my install corrupted. The sproket window said file missing but it also said it was at 100%.

BYRNZIE
Jul 9 2012, 11:24
After clicking on the Launcher a pop-up come up saying "The program can't start because X3DAudio1-6.dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
I don't know what to do can someone please help me?

ProfTournesol
Jul 9 2012, 14:37
After clicking on the Launcher a pop-up come up saying "The program can't start because X3DAudio1-6.dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
I don't know what to do can someone please help me?

Install directX 9 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35).

XxGriMReapeRxX
Jul 11 2012, 20:49
When I installed the game, and tried starting it up, it told me that smething was corrupted during the download/install. So I verified the game cache, it said a single file was missing, but it wouldn't downlad the file, and I tried this several times. So I finally decided to re-install the game, still didn't work. Idk what t d, if anybody can help.

Ps. My "O" key is a little messed up, so that's why some of my words are a little messed up.

Setheroth
Jul 12 2012, 05:36
Ive installed it but when i try to run it it says
----------------------------------------------------------
Error: Shader Model 2 not supported anymore
----------------------------------------------------------
Any Ideas?:confused:

Placebo
Jul 12 2012, 08:40
Do you meet the minimum requirements of a Shader Model 3 graphics card?

sky770
Jul 13 2012, 05:45
Hi,
I have installed arma2 and the 3-in-1 arma 2 OA installer (also having BAF+PMC DLCs in it) from my Arma X retail box.
But my version is coming up as 1.59.xx95 (dont remember xx :| )

So, can I apply the v.1.60 update directly? or should I install the arma 2 patch v.1.11 first and then install v.1.60 patch?

Also, I got to see this error message just at the end of installing disc 4 (disc for OA 3-in-1 installer):http://i46.tinypic.com/2co61pe.png (215 kB)

Is it normal?

UPDATE: I saw this (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15831) and now i got it :D

but ssup with the error message(in the screenshot above)? :|

Regards,
sky770

Setheroth
Jul 14 2012, 20:52
Do you meet the minimum requirements of a Shader Model 3 graphics card?

I have no idea how to check but if minecraft doesnt work due to bad video card drivers i dont think so

MickMcMickerson
Jul 14 2012, 22:21
I just installed ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead from the Steam store. When I attempt to launch them, they both come up with errors preventing launch:

ArmA 2:

"Data file too short 'c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons.pbo'.
Expected 853343647 B, got 660602880 B"

Operation Arrowhead:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'."
and
"Data file too short 'c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons.pbo'.

If anyone is familiar with how to resolve these issues, help would be greatly appreciated.

furykrlo5
Jul 15 2012, 20:39
I just installed ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead from the Steam store. When I attempt to launch them, they both come up with errors preventing launch:

ArmA 2:

Operation Arrowhead:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'."
and

If anyone is familiar with how to resolve these issues, help would be greatly appreciated.

Got the same problem here, already tryied deleting the Addons folder, checking the game cache, launching straight from the launcher, but nothing works.

ProfTournesol
Jul 15 2012, 20:42
Got the same problem here, already tryied deleting the Addons folder, checking the game cache, launching straight from the launcher, but nothing works.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136921-MPTable-shadow-amp-pixel-shader-PSSpecularAlpha-Thread-the-only-one!

chosen1_2_3
Jul 18 2012, 17:00
Hi,

I've checked that my laptop meets the minimum requirements for this game, but the install wizard stalls during downloading from the disk.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? Perhaps it's been discussed on a different thread.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dashmjlm
Jul 20 2012, 06:29
I recently bought Arma 2 from Amazon today, and i fully downloaded Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead. As I was installing, it asked for a CD-Key. I downloaded the game straight from Amazon, so I didn't get the actual game. It says find it in the back of my field manual. But i don't know if i even have one. Can someone please help me out with downloading!

Placebo
Jul 20 2012, 10:52
Presumably you should have received your CD key in an email from Amazon, we have nothing to do with them or their distribution system so I can only suggest you contact them directly.

superhockeydude
Jul 23 2012, 01:48
when i try to start the game it starts to load then a pop up saysno entry bin/config,bin/cfgingameui/mptaple.shadow . then when i click ok it starts to load again then there is another pop up that says error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0 . then i click ok then it stops the loading. How to i fix this i want to play the game

ProfTournesol
Jul 23 2012, 17:49
when i try to start the game it starts to load then a pop up saysno entry bin/config,bin/cfgingameui/mptaple.shadow . then when i click ok it starts to load again then there is another pop up that says error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0 . then i click ok then it stops the loading. How to i fix this i want to play the game

Just browse the sticky topics on this very same troubleshooting forum and you'll find the answer !

ten060
Jul 26 2012, 16:45
When I try to open Arma 2: Combined Operations it just opens a window with lines of code then disappears, and the game doesnt open. Also, when I try to open Arma 2: Arrowhead it comes up with 2 errors:
1. Error with bin\Config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow
2. Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0
Should I try to download Arrowhead again or does anyone have anyother method of fixing this as its preventing me from playing DayZ?

Edit 1: just read the post above

jameson34
Aug 7 2012, 02:22
My apologies to everyone, I must post twice in order to PM a member for specific instructions.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Once again, my apologies.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Title says it all. I will try Gamestop customer service when they open in the morning.

GooD_BoY
Aug 7 2012, 19:19
I have Problem about Bad CD Key In Game

This my Topic : Bad CD Key - Invaild CD Key - In Game (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138419-Bad-CD-Key-Invaild-CD-Key-In-Game&p=2203045#post2203045)

Ravaz
Aug 9 2012, 13:53
Im seeking help to this problem.

Heres how it goes ArmaII works fine with no problems what so ever not even lag. Now operation arrowhead is a different story, I click play on steam app. I see the boxes that get checked off one by one and I get the following message No entry'bin/config.bin/CfgIngameUI/MPtable.shadow'. then boxes continue geting checked off and then game loads up then crashed to desktop with the Message Error compiling Pixel Shader PSSpecular Alpha:0 I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling , verifing game info and have found like 3 registry errors with the game is this normal ?

bohica
Aug 10 2012, 07:00
Hello
I am re installimh ARMAII on a refomatted re installed WIN7 pc as I got the BSOD with win7.
I get multiple CRC file errors for 20 of the *.pbo files. I got the same error with the file ilj15.dll, then the message, "Setup encountered an error. Application may not work properly". The install files came from store.bistudio. I direclty downloaded the files and then downloaded them via sprocket from the CA and IL mirrors. Three times in all.
Same instal errors.
What is going wrong?

Placebo
Aug 10 2012, 07:52
It sounds like a corrupt download you're saying you've tried both manually downloading the files as well as using Sprocket to download them? You can check your files by using Quickpar (http://www.quickpar.org.uk/)and this par file (http://www.solidfiles.com/d/01c9f2a1d1/), should end up like so:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1286/arma2par.jpg

Edit: Here's the OA par (http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b025594507/)

Which should end up like so:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2631/oapar.jpg

bohica
Aug 10 2012, 09:09
It sounds like a corrupt download you're saying you've tried both manually downloading the files as well as using Sprocket to download them? You can check your files by using Quickpar (http://www.quickpar.org.uk/)and this par file (http://www.solidfiles.com/d/01c9f2a1d1/), should end up like so:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1286/arma2par.jpg

Edit: Here's the OA par (http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b025594507/)

Which should end up like so:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2631/oapar.jpg

I did that and all files came up green and so I reinstalled and perfect. I'm thinking I have not used the new downloads, just an old corrupt one (shakes head)

Bo

Placebo
Aug 10 2012, 09:26
Aha I see, well glad it's sorted now, just remember to patch 1.60 then 1.62 :)

Upornik
Aug 11 2012, 12:26
Hi all!

I just installed my Arma 2 and upon installing the AO I get the following error: Cannot create file. c:\Program Files\Arma 2\ARMA2Patch_1_06.exe

It happens every time. I even copied the whole dvd content to my hard drive. Same result. I am running Windows 7 X64 on Samsung SSD.

Any ideas?

Primarine
Aug 11 2012, 15:57
Hello.

I have problems with installing BAF and PMC. Army of Czech Republic installed correctly and works fine though.
All 3 DLC i downloaded from GamersGate.com

BAF and PMC installers dont work correctly. I have error:

"Runtime Error!

Program C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\setup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have Windows 8 Release Preview.
Videocard: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series.

I tried to turn off antivirus and firewall, reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ components but nothing work.

Chayton
Aug 20 2012, 12:29
I just bought two copies of the "Arma X Anniversary Edition". On my second PC the installation went without problems, but on my first i cant install Operation Arrowhead.
Arma 2 itself made no problem during the install progress. But with the Operation Arrowhead DVD, first comes the autostart menu then i hit install and after a short period i get an typical "all explaining" :j: Windows crash message "Arma setup has encountered a problem.. bla bla bla" in more information it says: AppName: setup.exe AppVer: 2.0.2.0 ModName: setup.exe ModVer: 2.0.2.0 Offset: 00d4f25b

With the DVD from the second copy it says the same allthought the dvd worked on the second pc.

Any ideas?

I got Windows XP 32 bit, AMD Phemon 2 X6, ATI Radeon HD 5770, 3.12 gb ram.

YellowBone
Sep 14 2012, 11:48
Hello,
I got a really big Problem. I actually bought "Arma 2: Combined Operations" at Amazon. As I came back from the post office I just throw the DVD "Arma 2 Black Edition" in my DVD reader. My Computer totally freezes and and a blue error sreen appeared. He booted up again and at the Windows start sign he just crashed and this repeated evertime until I just took the DVD out.

So here is what I tried out: I put a other DVD in. Worked. Nothing crashed.
Autorun blocked. Still crashes.
Save Mode from Windows. Same as allways.

Im not a Computer Pro but I can do allot if someone explains me it.

Im running Windows 7.

thx If someone helps me !
I will try out all!

Placebo
Sep 14 2012, 11:51
Can you access another PC and copy the contents of the DVD to a flashdrive and then install from that? Alternatively see if there's an updated firmware for your DVD drive? And/or updates system drivers for your motherboard?

Genpatton043
Sep 14 2012, 18:48
I'll try and make this as brief as i can. I just recently developed an issue that involves a Beta Patch that, for whatever reason, I installed a couple of months back. I never had an issue so I just left it alone. At least until this week.
For reasons unknown to me right now, I can no longer launch the game using my normal A2 CO shortcut and now all of a sudden I have to use a shortcut for the Beta itself. The version and Beta currently installed are 1.62.96751
The problem with using the Beta Patch is that Ace 2 does not work. It loads and all the addons for it appear and can be used, but items like Grenades, flashbangs, medical items, do not work at all. I can throw 100 grenades and a) They do not visually appear in game and b) Do not detonate.
Si my question is this, in order to remove the patch, can I just uninstall Op Arrowhead and everything else that came afterward OR am I going to need to do a complete uninstall of the original Arma 2 game also?

The reason I ask is b/c I no longer have the original Arma 2 disc, however, Operation Arrowhead, British Forces, Czech forces, etc, I bought off of GamersGate and can still download and reinstall.
Also, I'm not really in a position where i can purchase the original again at this time. If I could, I would. But I can't so that's what brings me here now. I hate not being able to use ACE, but I don't want to uninstall anything that's going to cause the entire game to not work either.
Thanks for any advice anyone has on the subject.
GP43

EDIT- Or, would i be better off installing the newest Beta Patch also? Could that work?

helprequired
Sep 15 2012, 03:35
ok so i downloaded arma 2 combined operations off of steam and arma 2 works but operation arrowhead does not it comes up with and error saying " No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfigingameui/mptable.shadow' and connot open file 'c:\ program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons\dubbingradio_epbo expected 193371979b got 164495360

please reply
thanks this happens when i start it up

TonyGrunt
Sep 15 2012, 05:45
@<hidden>:
Beta patches should not effect in any way the current version of the game or mess with any of its files, they are located in a folder that will be loaded only if you run the included beta shortcut. Only problem that I know a beta patch has affected the game was in older versions, when running the beta uninstaller it sometimes removed core files. Best way to uninstall a beta is to just delete the beta directory inside the expansions folder. And don't install beta over beta, always remove first.
Also, I had some strange problems with ArmA2CO once and I tracked it down to a beta of ArmA2 (beta folder inside base game folder). For some strange reason the beta folder will somehow autoload and interfere with the game. Remove any ArmA2 beta.

@<hidden>:
"c:\ program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons\dubbingradio_epbo expected 193371979b got 164495360" points to a corrupted download from steam of game files. Select verify game cache to repair any broken files.
For "No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfigingameui/mptable.shadow" read and respond on the MPTable.shadow & pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha Thread - the only one! (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136921-MPTable-shadow-amp-pixel-shader-PSSpecularAlpha-Thread-the-only-one!) thread.

ghoststrike
Sep 18 2012, 05:22
Missing cfg worlds after new install

Chucky2506
Dec 8 2012, 15:45
Hello,
I have a Problem with my Arma 2 Installation.
When i install it, i became a CRC Error at many files.
How can i repair it or anything else?
I have buy it as a Disk, No Download

ps. Sry for my Bad English, cause im from Germany :P

snipingbeast666
Dec 22 2012, 17:32
i need help as well :/ i am on a 64 bit windows 7, so i downloaded arma 2 and OA last night but now im ready to install but half way through arma 2 says "crc error" and so does OA but OA does it at like 99%. and i tried lookin at the takistan thing but it isn't the corrupt file he had. i dont know what to do lol i need help other wise i bought it for nothing and missing out on a good game, i downloaded it from amazon btw. please help D:

snipingbeast666
Dec 23 2012, 19:36
I would like to explain in detail as to what I did to solve this. That way if someone is having the same problem they can use this as a reference.

The file that was giving me problems was the takistan_data_layers. I navigated to the folder where the game downloaded to and went to the exact folder where the file was/is. C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amazon Games & Software\ARMAArrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Addons.

I found the file and noticed that it was Gzip file. So it was named; takistan_data_layers.pbo.gz I copied it over to my documents and when I tried to extract it I got a message from WinRaR telling me that it was corrupt. So what I did was ask Günter to send me his file that he had. Now keep in mind that the file was ONLY the .pbo AND it was NOT in a folder. So the .pbo was zipped only.

I zipped up the file that Günter sent and named the zipped file; takistan_data_layers.pbo and moved it over where the corrupt one came out of: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amazon Games & Software\ARMAArrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Addons. I didn't have to name the file ending with the .gz because WinRAR "associates" that paticular file as a .gz so even though I used WinRar and zipped it up as a .rar, all I had to do was change the ending of the zipped file from .rar to .pbo. So please pay close attention to detail as it needs to be identical

I launched the installer and it worked. So basically I replaced the corrupt file with another one. If someone is having a similar issue, try this but make sure you backup the original file(s).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have the same issue with Arma 2 OA i fixed 2 files that wouldnt work by changing the suffix, but this one is different it wont work :/ its "wheeled_e.pbo.xz" and i dont know what to do to fix it. its the crc error i am currently re-downloading OA to see if that works but in the mean time it would be great if i could get help to fix this :) ps. its a download from amazon

Carzilla
Dec 28 2012, 04:13
I've had arma 2 for about a year and a half now its played great I had all the mods going. I have not formatted my pc within that time. I just uninstalled arma 2 months back.

anyhow I installed it just fine arma 2 and OA BUT when its time to update the game to 1.60 I keep getting .pbo errors. this .pbo that .pbo its always character_e.pbo , modules.pbo & some other i forget atm. i Downloaded patch 1.60 7 times now and did the md5 checks and they are a match to the .zip file NOT the .exe the Downloads came from torrent and official website.

Been trying to install for a week now. I use windows to extract and .7z to extract :mad: WTH is wrong with 1.60?!

EDIT: uhh now I get crc errors during install, tried copying to hdd still get errors. my dvd drive has up to date drivers. Can I get a replacement disk somehow ?

EDIT:
I GOT PASSED THE CRC ERROR AND THE .PBO ERRORS But it cost me some $$

-first off I had the patching problems (.pbo error xdelta3 blah blah) after I renistalled the game a year after i uninstalled it, Time went by.

-Second I noticed during install the progress bars rolling back before the crc error occured. so i updated the firmware & no dice

So I bought a new bluray drive (sick overkill)

if you install a broken game to begin with the patches are not going to work.

Before anything try updating the firmware & maybe clean the lens on you optical drive if that does not work.

-SO update firmware, do fresh install if you get crc error or patch error try another optical drive and redo the fresh install.-

*also if you dont have any money or second drive you can "TRY" a fresh install but this time with the read speed on your drive slowed down

this is how I got passed it, just sharing it.

Alpaca
Feb 1 2013, 14:42
Hi,

I've just bought Arma 2: Combined Operations.
DVD1" Arma 2 Black Edition" gets installed perfectly but as soon as i try to install Operation Arrowhead i get an error message that it can't find a certain file : data baf.pbo.gz

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Edit:

tried once more to install it.
Now it took a bit longer to show an error message.
So now i'm copying the files from the DVD to my PC to try it once more, but now other errors showed.
misc.pbo , misc2.pbo , misc3.pbo, mission.pbo and a bunch of other files can not be copied or found.

By now I'm really wondering if this DVD i bought is even playable...

ilya91
Feb 6 2013, 14:57
I write here because I have not found an appropriate topic. I have a problem, I bought the game(Arma 2 Combined operations) through Steam, and there is no Russian language. In the options of the language is not Russian only English and Czech. The question is how to change the language to Russian?

ilya91
Feb 8 2013, 11:27
read this topic at all?

Masharra
Feb 22 2013, 06:41
Howdies making this post for a friend.

Problem

Arma CO from Amazon.com

Multiple times could not install ArmA 2 because of CRC error. Redownloaded x5 times close to hitting bandwidth cap for month.
File- Air2.pbo.gz

He managed to jerryrig and rename the files from install and it skipped them. 0.o

Unfortunately then his arma oa install wouldnt allow him to skip their crc (has a checkfile) and thus that installation failed.

any idea what can be going wrong?

Placebo
Feb 22 2013, 12:22
Amazon have their own distribution system so you'd need to troubleshoot it with them I'm afraid :(

Masharra
Feb 22 2013, 16:49
ty ill refer him to them. Actually he finally posted.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146697-Amazon-threw-ya-ll-under-the-bus

Ggrinder
Feb 22 2013, 19:55
Purchased and downloaded Arma 2, and Arma2 operation arrowhead last night 3 times each from 'Meridian 4' though Amazon.com.
All copies were corrupt on instillation, and the game wouldnt install. I'd get random CRC errors though out each installation.
I contacted Amazon and they insist they provided, and i sucessfully downloaded the game, and its Bohemia Intereactive's responibility to provide me a reliable installable version of the game.
They offered a standing full refund if your unwilling to fix the problem Meridian 4 has with your installation of the game.
I got no response what so ever from Meridian 4.

I didnt buy the game just to get full refund, i bought the game to play with my friends. If another option can be offered, like a different place i can get the corrupted files from, or somewhere else i can get a working copy of the game that would be great.

Masharra
Feb 24 2013, 16:52
Managed to Get Grinders copy working after uploading of file that didnt pass the crc check. Took forever but it is finally working. ~solved~

ArtixViper
Feb 28 2013, 02:01
Even ladies and gents, having a slight problem thats a tad bit infuriating, though i've been looking for days on an answer to my problem with no luck, still going to search but I figured i'd post here and give it a go

I've been having problems left and right trying to get A2:OA MP to work properly for me, I was using a retail copy of A2 and the steam copy of OA for the longest time, and it seems like recently since DayZ blew up, that option ended up becoming unreliable, so the other day I caved and finally bought the steam version of A2, which solved ALL but ONE of my problems. I used to get errors left and right about missing files and keys, which I ran A2 before running OA so I know to do that much, I updated BE and even ran beta patches for both games, no luck...sorry rambling, ANYWAYS point is, im down to ONE last problem. I constantly get an error that says "Common/ca_scripts.pbo are signed on a key not recognized by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional keys recognized by this server" blah blah the usual. Now my question is, WHAT exactly IS Common/ca_scripts.pbo? Because I've looked EVERYWHERE to see if anyone else has had a similar problem with no luck at all, so I cant really find a fix to a problem no one else seems to have @<hidden>@<hidden> Any clue people? I've re-installed and ran Both A2 and OA separately multiple times, verified integrity of the files, ran as administrator, no luck whatsoever trying to fix this problem.

Im at my wits end.

Chedo
Feb 28 2013, 11:41
Support is about as useful as an eunuch in a whorehouse so I will post my question here;

I skimmed the troubleshooting thread and did not see this issue, I am sorry if I missed it somehow and if this has already been answered.

My issue is, I recently uninstalled ArmA completely because of a crash I was getting whilst playing online. It was the Battleye #3 error about corrupt data or something like that. The Battleye guy told me this was just Battleye booting me off servers because the game crashed and not the game crashing because of Battleye. I find this hard to fathom, as I don't use any mods, but ok, I accept that a game file might become corrupted somehow.

Which brings me to the issue at hand. I downloaded the game and tried to install it. ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead install without any problems, but when I try to install BAF or PMC (ACR seems to work though), it extracts to the temp folder just fine, but the setup won't start. I try to start it, the splash comes up for a few seconds and then it exits. So basically, it's not installing. I strongly suspect the culprit to be ReactorActivate.exe, as in that Stardock activation included in the installer. Because it itself won't run, the addon won't install.

I mailed stardock with a question of dependancies, but am still waiting for a meaningful reply.

Placebo
Mar 1 2013, 08:29
Support is about as useful as an eunuch in a whorehouse so I will post my question here;

Did you email support to open a support ticket? Because I just searched our support system and there's nothing from your email address?

Chedo
Mar 1 2013, 08:42
I sent two messages through the website form at STORE.Bistudio.com Contact Details. I didn't see any ticket opening options.

Placebo
Mar 1 2013, 16:49
When you send an Email to support@<hidden> or via the email web form it automatically opens a support ticket, did you use the same Email address as your forum account? If not PM me the email address used and your name and I'll search the support system.

SisyphusV
Mar 18 2013, 12:52
Which brings me to the issue at hand. I downloaded the game and tried to install it. ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead install without any problems, but when I try to install BAF or PMC (ACR seems to work though), it extracts to the temp folder just fine, but the setup won't start. I try to start it, the splash comes up for a few seconds and then it exits. So basically, it's not installing. I strongly suspect the culprit to be ReactorActivate.exe, as in that Stardock activation included in the installer. Because it itself won't run, the addon won't install.

I mailed stardock with a question of dependancies, but am still waiting for a meaningful reply.

Was there any resolution to this error? ...because I have it too.

BAF and PMC simply will not install.

I get the following message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\User\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\setup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have tried:

reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x64.
disabling my antivirus (Microsoft Defender) during installation.

Please help.

SisyphusV
Mar 30 2013, 04:34
BAF and PMC simply will not install.

Just an update...

Customer support asked me to upgrade the 2005 and 2008 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64.

That didn't work, either.

Their next suggestion:
"in that case I'm sorry but I cannot help you any further. PMC and BAF
do not work on Windows 8 under normal circumstances and there are no
workarounds other than the one I sent you."

So that is that. :(

Chedo
Apr 1 2013, 06:08
When you send an Email to support@<hidden> or via the email web form it automatically opens a support ticket, did you use the same Email address as your forum account? If not PM me the email address used and your name and I'll search the support system.

I mailed it to the email directly now, will see if it's of any use.

Was there any resolution to this error? ...because I have it too.

Please help.

Us two are by far not the only ones with this problem.

You might try the tip left in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138990-Can-t-Install-BAF-PMC-DLC-on-Windows8-ACR-installs-fine

As for the problem in my case; Stardock says they sold the technology to Gamestop so they aren't helping.

Landdon
Apr 1 2013, 23:36
WOW, I have the same problem, sent a trouble ticket in and haven't received a response yet. I have purchased the PMC, BAF and the ACR DLC and well, and they are offering no corrective measure. Not good customer service with a response like that, BI needs to fix it. Until then I would recommend removing the PMC and BAF DLC content from Steam and remove PMC, and BAF DLC from their store as well. It would appear the ARC DLC will install on Windows 8 Pro, at least it did for me.

Masterwong
Apr 2 2013, 17:18
Bought and cant install arma2 oa!
crc sound.pbo error message..
Now? Get my money back? no.. iam so angry damnit. We are 2013 cant even get a game playable?

Chedo
Apr 7 2013, 13:43
The lack of support is disappointing, what can I say, apparently it's better to pirate BI software to not pay for some retarded copy-protection that will not allow installation of a bought product.

I will not be buying any more BI products.

Amarak
Apr 12 2013, 03:36
The lack of support is disappointing, what can I say, apparently it's better to pirate BI software to not pay for some retarded copy-protection that will not allow installation of a bought product.

I will not be buying any more BI products.

Check this out. Fixed everything for me. Hope it works for you all. Post #16 on this page.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131764-Arma-2-on-Windows-8&p=2166361&viewfull=1#post2166361

Chedo
Apr 29 2013, 10:33
I'll retract my previous statement as BIS fixed and replaced the installers, they work without a problem now.

hurly1223
Jun 6 2013, 04:51
Could Someone Upload Or Link To Download The File

Plants_e.pbo

I Get An CRC. Error Everytime I Install Arma 2 OA - Downloaded Arma 2 And OA From Amazon And Can't Re-download The Whole Thing It's Killing My Download Usage

xXJMAN1203Xx
Jun 19 2013, 05:53
hey I've had trouble installing OA i didn't bother reading through the whole thread so sorry if its already been answered but i have purchased the combined operations pack (the one with 2 disk arma2 and OA) arma 2 works fine but when i put the OA disk in the drive it comes up with the install so i go to the install and type in the cd code. as soon as it recognizes that the cd code has been entered it goes onto the setup saying where i want to put the game on my computer after that it starts to install but stops in the first 2 seconds and pops up with (file not found) D:\ARMA2Patch1_09 something like that and sometimes says something about battleye sorry i can't be more specific I'm away from home using my mac so i can't remember the actual message but thats the basic message can anyone please help me I'm really stuck and i want to play online with my friends asap thanks :)

Maio
Jun 19 2013, 08:51
hey I've had trouble installing OA i didn't bother reading through the whole thread so sorry if its already been answered but i have purchased the combined operations pack (the one with 2 disk arma2 and OA) arma 2 works fine but when i put the OA disk in the drive it comes up with the install so i go to the install and type in the cd code. as soon as it recognizes that the cd code has been entered it goes onto the setup saying where i want to put the game on my computer after that it starts to install but stops in the first 2 seconds and pops up with (file not found) D:\ARMA2Patch1_09 something like that and sometimes says something about battleye sorry i can't be more specific I'm away from home using my mac so i can't remember the actual message but thats the basic message can anyone please help me I'm really stuck and i want to play online with my friends asap thanks :)

You will have to give us the exact error message :)
Additionally you can also mail :
support@<hidden>

xXJMAN1203Xx
Jun 19 2013, 10:48
it says exactly D:\ARMA2Patch_1_09.exe.xz if that means anything please can you help me thanks

xXJMAN1203Xx
Jun 19 2013, 22:04
what do i do any way i can fix this error or is it fucked i really need to find out how to do this thanks :)

blackhawkHD
Jul 23 2013, 02:54
I bought Operation Arrowhead this week on steam, I installed the game opened normally okay, but when I install the latest version of the beta patch appears "Wrong CD Key" and I can not update the beta patch

Killitem
Aug 5 2013, 10:39
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160770-A2-A2-OA-Update-Wrong-CD-key-Wasteland-working-day-Z-not-!

Can someone help me?